DC Sound Lab

DC level 6 want to change its size

All I'm wondering, how can a sp4 12 on a tc basket will work yet a dc 12 level 6 on a tc basket wont. Sounds like nut hugging to me. Iove my AA/Fi subs but I highly doubt the 12 inch sp4 will work. They both have a 4 inch coil and 10 inch landing. Unless Scott has made changes to it and have not posted them I will still have doubt .. I just know I wouldnt give any of the 2 subs it's rated power if they are 12 inch.

All I'm wondering, how can a sp4 12 on a tc basket will work yet a dc 12 level 6 on a tc basket wont. Sounds like nut hugging to me. Iove my AA/Fi subs but I highly doubt the 12 inch sp4 will work. They both have a 4 inch coil and 10 inch landing. Unless Scott has made changes to it and have not posted them I will still have doubt .. I just know I wouldnt give any of the 2 subs it's rated power if they are 12 inch.

cool, ill put 2 on a TFHE amp, and send you a vid. ;)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I would appreciate it... It's just logic here. People are talking down on a sub because it has 4 inch coil but talk highly about another with the same size coil. Scott must have done something different to make a 12 inch sp4. I don't doubt his work but if it goes by what you guys are posting here then I See the sp4 failing.

Fi has posted that they are custom tooling their own frames, its a Ti basket base, but they are machining them custom to make them work in the application they need. they have said they wouldnt release it because it couldnt be done at the time, but the time has changed and so has the basket to some degree.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

And there you go.. Scott made changes. If the OP is willing to pay for tooling his baskets then he has a chance of it working but he then will have a 12 inch turd

the suspension isnt the issue really, im going to do my best to explain this. the magnet is larger in the frame so if put into an enclosure the majority of the back wave gets blocked by the motor and it kills output say you flip it and invert it once you start to put power to it the cone will start hitting the spiders because the cone is a few inches away from the spiders just how it is so when it starts to really move they will hit....now if there was a way to space the cone off the spiders it may work idk for sure but would still have to be inverted and the output probably wouldnt be all that great nor worth the trouble in my opinion. no idea if that makes sense but hope so

• Like (+1 Rep) 1