New build finished

Not going to lie the AMD Fury has caught my eye, probably going to be my next upgrade.

Run AWAY............ FAST!!! Ive messed with Fury/X and they are not worth the asking prices. My 980Ti's are just miles faster. If you want to upgrade now, get a 980Ti HANDS DOWN. I am in no way a nvidia fanboy or anything, just looking out for ya. This is coming from someone who has 2 high end PC's in his office room both based on the X99 platform 1 with xfire R9 290's watercooled, and 1 with Sli 980Ti's watercooled.. I fucks with lots of hardware on the daily, just sayin :)

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Not going to lie the AMD Fury has caught my eye, probably going to be my next upgrade.

Run AWAY............ FAST!!! Ive messed with Fury/X and they are not worth the asking prices. My 980Ti's are just miles faster. If you want to upgrade now, get a 980Ti HANDS DOWN. I am in no way a nvidia fanboy or anything, just looking out for ya. This is coming from someone who has 2 high end PC's in his office room both based on the X99 platform 1 with xfire R9 290's watercooled, and 1 with Sli 980Ti's watercooled.. I fucks with lots of hardware on the daily, just sayin :)

Seems like for 4k the AMD have a bit of an advantage? More bus width, VRAM, and better scaling with crossfire. But I'll be honest I haven't looked into it all that much, I just saw some decent benchmarks for watercooled furies.

mem bandwidth is not the "Whole" advantage here... yes, the fury has 4096bit bus BUT........ at 4k 980ti still beats it or matches it every single time. The maxwell architecture is amazingly efficient. A Fury X and 980Ti trade blows, but mostly nvidia wins with the 980ti. I played with a Fury X with aftermarket EK block on it, they OC like SHIT..... and personally they were WAAAAAAY over hyped at and before launch. The next gen cards with HBM2 will be where performance will climb and be worth it. There will be VERY STIFF competition tho as both GREEN AND RED teams will both have their cards with HBM2 for 2016. Good times ahead for sure. Also on the horizon is the new GDDR5X (DDR6) for the mid-high end cards. Cards with that new mem will be fast too but not come with the high price premiums that HBM comes with due to the low yields. My 2 cents, laterz!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Archived