Second Skin Audio

Tralme98

Hey Guys,

Longish Backstory,

I have been working on getting my system dialed in with my current car(01' Chevy Monte Carlo SS)It's great and I used the advice from here and some other forums to build my last box and it went great,Been using it for about a little over a year now and impresses all of my buddies. With me living in Wisconsin where there is snow there is salt and the poor monte is getting really bad in the rust department. So I found a Chevy Avalanche with 4 wheel drive for the nasty winters here. I just want to transplant my system from the monte to the Av. I don't want to do anything crazy in depth yet on the box because I would like to get another woofer to match the other because I have the space in this vehicle, but for now just one.

The Box,

I want to build a box to fit into the midgate space of a 02' Chevy Avalanche Z71. I have already a RF P3 D2 15 from my previous car and really want to stick with this woofer for budget reasons. I was playing around in WinISD and got a box that looked good to my untrained eye.

Ported 6 Ft^3

Tuned to 25hz for a nice flatish freq response for the space I have available ( Around 6 cubes )

Port - 6in circle port, 15.8in long

Link to Graph - http://imgur.com/Rhlk3cl

What do you guys think? Am I way off?

Archived