laptop tear down for head unit power source questions

ill have to look up the specs for the charger and compare that. why a laptop over a tablet? i wanted to be able to slow down and tune songs in the car to the cars peak. also quility of the audio i plan to run a digital to anolog converter from the laptop to a sound processor. i already have the laptop so there was no cost here should also be a good deal more expandable then a tablet add in a 500g hdd and i think a laptop will dom over a tablet anyday i didnt care for the touch screen aspect because even with a tablet id be able to utilize a keyboard set up better specially for tuning music. plus a tablet would be a much easier install make a tray and a port that it can be hooked up to easy enough. with the idea im doing here ill have to glass the screen into the original bezel and extend the power button. a bit more involved then a tablet instal

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

the problem wiring power directly is that you would have to shut down the laptop before you take the key out or you would start getting errors

steve used a module that would connect with usb and shut down the pc properly when power was shut off, I forgot who made it but i'm sure it's in the info for his tahoe build.

Archived