XS Power

So I've been looking around and I've been noticing that wire kits are rated to a certain wattage spec. I am brand new to the big systems as the biggest system I've built and owned was less than 2500 watts. Im looking at doing 10000 watts in subs and around 5000 watts in the other speakers. Is 1/0 gauge going to be sufficient enough even though its only rated at 4000 watts? Or do I end up tripling up on my wiring or what am i going to need to do?

Wiring is rated in amps not watts and no one run of 1/0 will not support a true 15k rms system.

First and foremost What amps are you planning to run?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You do know it's going to take a hell of an electrical system to run that right?

We're talking multiple ho Alts, lots of batts, and way more than one run of 1/0.

What vehicle are you planning to put this in?

Nice choice in gear by the way.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yea i figured that out after a little research. Been following steve meade for a while now getting ideas from him. But I'm putting it in a 98 durango. I already figured out from XS that I'd probably need around 4 D2700 XS batteries and I'm trying to figure out what i gotta do for alternators from mechman but they haven't responded yet. And now I'm also trying to figure out how to wire it up.

You have a lot more research ahead of you if you want to run multiple alternators. Since you have shown interest in mechman alternators, i'd recommend directing your questions here:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/139-mechman-alternators-and-12v-accessories/

Doing a search on the forums shows that more than a few members have had similar questions on how to wire up multiple alternators. Just as mentioned before, you need to watch your amp draw, rather than watts. Knuconceptz shows their 1/0 gauge OFC wire is good for 375A draw and their CCA 1/0 gauge is good for 250A draw... Rockford Fosgate shows their 2500-1bd can draw up to 300A @ 13.8V. So you will need at least one run of 1/0 gauge OFC wire to support one 2500-1bd from them. They also recommend at least a 200A alternator for just the one amplifier. With multiple alternators, you are going to be running multiple runs of 1/0 gauge wire to keep up with the amp draw.

Yes.

You're gonna need more like 5 or 6 d3100's to run that though.

At least in my personal opinion.

You could probably get away with dual hairpin 6 phase Alts that do 200+ at idle but triples certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

Long story short you're going to spend a fortune on electrical to power this,

Hope you got deep pockets.