Macbook Pro Questions [ for Comp Sci / Programming ]

From what I understand you have to have components that can trick the OS into thinking it is running on an Apple product, and to my knowledge it won't work on laptops.

So pretty much if I want the ability to go with a laptop that can code both iOS apps as well as android apps, I HAVE to get a Mac since laptops can run hackintosh ?

And if so, will the specs in the original laptop be sufficient ?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

To my knowledge yeah the macbook is really your only option.

The specs you listed seem fine to me, honestly if it's Apple you are pretty safe. CPU clock speed is meaningless, it's the same as judging an engine based on the RPM on the tach. A 4 banger rapped out to 8k very well might not make mear the power of a V8 that will only rev to 5500 or so. Same with a CPU the IPC (instructions per cycle) is half the equation. So in short I wouldn't get hung up on the 2.6Ghz clock speed, or the number of cores. Performance differences between the CPU's Apple uses are going to be pretty minor from what I can see. i5 and i7 chips in the same series generally are the exact same piece of hardware, the i7 will just have hyperthreaded "cores" unlocked and might be clocked a tad higher.

To my knowledge yeah the macbook is really your only option.

The specs you listed seem fine to me, honestly if it's Apple you are pretty safe. CPU clock speed is meaningless, it's the same as judging an engine based on the RPM on the tach. A 4 banger rapped out to 8k very well might not make mear the power of a V8 that will only rev to 5500 or so. Same with a CPU the IPC (instructions per cycle) is half the equation. So in short I wouldn't get hung up on the 2.6Ghz clock speed, or the number of cores. Performance differences between the CPU's Apple uses are going to be pretty minor from what I can see. i5 and i7 chips in the same series generally are the exact same piece of hardware, the i7 will just have hyperthreaded "cores" unlocked and might be clocked a tad higher.

For sure man. I appreciate your input and time. But yeah I was reading the different reading / writing between clicking speeds as well as cores, and it wasn't a huge difference unless I'm doing intense or extensive editing / streaming , etc. people said focus on RAM which makes sense but the 16GB are crazy. And yeah, people did say the difference Between the laptops in spec wise is all marketing and for $$

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

8Gb of RAM will be fine, just keep an eye on your usage. Don't have a million browser tabs open while you use Photoshop and 12 other things at once type of deal.

gotcha. makes sense. dont plan too either. If you do have time tho, I'm still considering windows as I can maybe figure out if I have the PC parts that can run Hackintosh easily. Also, I am interested in which laptops that provide windows compete with the MBP. But if my PC parts don't match the list, I might just have to get this MBP and call it a day. Thanks tho man.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Yeah tomorrow when I get some time I'll take a look at windows laptops. With that kind of budget you can certainly get a nice one.

Yeah some people were mentioning the Lenova ... Surf? Forgot exact name but I don't really like the whole flip the screen 180 degrees or 360. Looking for no screen bigger than 15". Want it to be portable too. One of my friends has like a 18" MSI I'm like wtf haha

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

While i am biased towards windows here if you need a mac go mac. i just cant and never will jusify the price tag on their crap. if you are still considering a windows tho look away from name brands for better performance vs cost. the great guys here are actually who turned me onto this brand. while ive had problems with like drivers and stuff the tech support is on top of things when i needed it.

go onto sagernotebooks.com if you want to mess with it a little more but at the same price range look at the huge upgrades in gear.

Untitled_zps3dx5doap.png

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

if you want to go a 15" screen theres a million choices on there too. i picked the smallest one since i saw thats what you were leaning towards.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers