Macbook Pro Questions [ for Comp Sci / Programming ]

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm still open to Windows. I actually had a dell Inspiron (forgot what model back in 2012) but it started to have problems after a year and a half. It kept reading 100% on my optical disk drive so it kept causing super slow reading and processing. Tried to reformat it and everything but still occurred.

When looking at Windows laptops, am I looking for mainly specs or what gives away a great laptop.

I will compare those 4 choices from Amazon as well as the other from the other member when I'm on a PC for easier comparing. I just glanced at them from mobile.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C4XGK96/

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2010936/dell-inspiron-15r-7520-review-not-so-stylish-awesome-screen-superb-performance.html

This was my old (pops handme down) laptop. I just turned it on to see what condition it is in. But yeah, it was always have problems with the optical drive.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

The nice thing about going the custom built route is no bloatware. Like all the shit from the name brand companies. On top of the the one I posted about is loaded with Windows 7 the only good version IMO. But to each their own.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

The nice thing about going the custom built route is no bloatware. Like all the shit from the name brand companies. On top of the the one I posted about is loaded with Windows 7 the only good version IMO. But to each their own.

Agreed on Windows 7. I got that on my PC rn. I dislike Windows 8 and haven't tried 10. Quick question, I looked at those laptops as well as custom built, but what makes some people (as in this case, both of you) prefer Windows > Mac? Is it the price tag versus spec / PC parts ratio as the price doesn't represent the internal components. Or is it because of the actual quality / customer service / etc.

If it's just the price tag, I am blessed enough to have a family member willing to pay for 50% of my laptop. So what's essentially $1300 laptop for me is now $650. Just saying as well.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

For me its function as well as price. I've used apple all the way from 1-8 grade and just hated them. I also game alot and do CAD design. Both of which has limited if any support for Mac. I also have had problems with apple and iTunes so I'm out roughly $400 from years ago so they lost me there. I agree apple has less problems with viruses and better at certain applications but once again price is a bitch for subpar components when I can build a pc or laptop with much better performance at a lower cost. I just stick to what I know which is windows. Quality tho I don't hear much about apple. They seem to last and I can attest to that as we had the same shit macs for 7years and they were still trucking at school.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Windows offers support for a lot more applications, so unless there is a specific reason to use a mac I usually say stick with it. If you are only paying for half the price isn't really a huge deal but ordinarily they are nearing cocaine levels of profit margin.

Honestly, I don't get what people don't like about 8.1/10. Only complaint I keep hearing is about the change of interface...it was only a matter of time for that. Can't expect them to keep using the exact same formula they've been using since the '90s. And it really isn't all that different. Performance-wise they are leaps and bounds ahead of 7.

Gotcha. Ahh I was just wondering since I have already built a PC that's Windows, so wouldn't it be logical to get a Mac (at half price) if I already have a pretty good PC? But your guys opinions makes sense. I plan not to game as I have my PC to play CSGO and such. Just programming and surfing.

But I like the 2015 Asus notebook tho, not gonna lie.

I think I just prefer Windows 7 over 8 due to the home interface. It can get used too, as I used it for 3-4 months, but Windows 7 seems more fluent to me compared to a "tablet" looking home screen. Personal opinion

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Archived