Rockford Fosgate P500.2 bridged

2 12" Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW12

Sealed box.

Thinking about the following

Rockford Fosgate P500.2 bridged

12" Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW12

Ported / Vented Box

Thoughts, Suggestions?

Vehicle is a 2010 Ford E350 and the subs are allllll the way in the rear of the van facing up at the moment.

TDH Methodic Menace ?

I mean nothing would be changing except the enclosure. A properly designed and ported box would probably sound better but it all depends on what you like. What are your goals in changing the design?

Still learning but have started gathering.

do ported at like 36hz and set you subsonic/infrasonic filter arond 30. then be done

Am I misreading your first post, or are you wanting to remove one sub? I'm guessing it's to push more power to the remaining sub? Why not build the ported box for both 12's, then save a little cash to buy a larger amp?

Maybe I'm totally misinterpreting what you're trying to do here.

I worked with those Kenwood subs before, unfortunately I don't really have anything good to say about them. Their QTS is much too high, and EBP is much too low for them to ever work well in a ported box. No matter where you tune the box, you are going to get a big peak in output around 50 hz. They are happy in a sealed box and that is where I would leave them.

If you want to get louder, save your money and buy some different subs that will work well in a ported box and are appropriate for the power you are running.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I worked with those Kenwood subs before, unfortunately I don't really have anything good to say about them. Their QTS is much too high, and EBP is much too low for them to ever work well in a ported box. No matter where you tune the box, you are going to get a big peak in output around 50 hz. They are happy in a sealed box and that is where I would leave them.

If you want to get louder, save your money and buy some different subs that will work well in a ported box and are appropriate for the power you are running.

^^^^this x100

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived