XS Power

Dead Batts/Parasitic Loss Somewhere?

I hear ya. But, IMHO if the alt was shittin the bed, I'd expect he'd had seen that weeks ago. Weird, odd, no charge, high charge. To walk out one day, and boom. Seems more like the cells. :shrugs:

But I feel ya sweetheart.

its happened to me in a few occasions..got the expo and had it for 6 months then one day it wouldn't start. replaced the battery with the refurb ones and was good for a month then it happen again. so thinking it was the refurb battery went and got a new battery, new battery ran perfect for a month maybe 2 and next day after being fin it wouldn't start since it was under warranty i went and got a new one and yet same problem after a few months.. all batteries got put on the charger and would lose charge after.. long story short sometimes it just happens without a warning.

im not saying its the alternator but its a possibility.. could be a shorted diode that fried the batteries. but then again might not be. it never hurts to test your stuff.. it would suck to buy a new battery and only to have the sane problem months later

Edited by Miguels

So, the 1200 is done for, but the 975 started the car like a beast. Alt is charging at 14.5, but as soon as the car is turned off, the battery quickly drops into the 12.2-12.3 range and stays there.

This is the second 1200 under the hood that has lasted less than 3 years.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yea, he got a D1200

ST-728x901.jpg

Showtime Electronics

Authorized Dealer For Many Popular Brands Including XS Power, Kicker, McLaren, Beyma, Ampere Audio, DC Audio and more!

Site: www.showtimeelectronics.com

eBay: www.stestore.net

Amazon: www.amazon.com/shops/showtimeelectronics

Email Us : [email protected]

That's shitty, especially for an overnight thing. My car sat for about 2 months off the charger and my batteries were at 10.6v but my car still started. Which is sorta cool because right before I got the car years back, it sat for a month on stock battery and it died. The car wouldn't turn over then though. shout out to XS for making a mean battery.

My truck has sat for 2 months and still reads over 12.8v resting.

edit: sounds like both of yall have a parasitic draw of some kind.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Would the minimal draw from the dash cam stress the battery over time? I always leave it on, and sometimes don't drive it for a few days time. I found nothing else doing the fuse test.

Anyway, it turns out a dying D975 can indeed start my car LOL. Hooked it up just to see before putting the new batt in.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread