Sundown Audio

4 Sa-18s or 3 X-18s in my 4Th order?? Help me decide!!

Im doing a 4th order c pillar wall in my 99 tahoe, subs will be ran on a DC 5k,

This is my daily driver but i also I compete regularly so im having trouble choosing what to use in my build

Im wanting something that will give me the best numbers but also be good for demos and hair tricks, not sure how the bandwidth would play out with the Xs if i tuned to the mid-high 40s if it would play well as my daily or not, or how it would do on the meter. Thought the sa may be better spl wise but not sure on air movement/hair tricks, Could also do interchangeable ports on the wall.

So witch would give me the best of both worlds air movement and numbers spl wise? I have the 3 x18s currently but have never owned any Sa's. But willing to sell my xs and switch it up,

thanks for any input ive been trying to decide for a while now and just cant.

Even in a 4th order?

X series are really linear woofers the excel on 20-40hz very well, low distortion. If your looking to play 40-60hz I'd go X with standard cone and surround for that tradional sound you would be looking for... I've actually had 4 Sa 18s in a cpillar wall in my Tahoe on a crossfire 8k and I was tuned to 30hz but it hammered in the 30-40hz range

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

40hz+ for daily.. Wowwzers that's high. Good luck. I would NOT USE X woofers if your going to run that high.

Do you know how 4th order bandpass works?

40 is very low he still will be able to play into the 20's

Op unfortunately with tuning low you'll loose the high end freq.. It's kind of pick what you want..

40hz+ for daily.. Wowwzers that's high. Good luck. I would NOT USE X woofers if your going to run that high.

Do you know how 4th order bandpass works?

40 is very low he still will be able to play into the 20's

Op unfortunately with tuning low you'll loose the high end freq.. It's kind of pick what you want..

Yea I know how 4th orders work. Do u know? Cuz most are tuned from 43-48hz depending on the sealed side res freq. stock X woofers love 20-40hz... They will still play above that fine but they really shine down low. If he's trying to play music 40hz + daily then he prly doesn't want X woofers.

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

• 2 weeks later...

i woulnt think you have enough room in a tahoe for a c pillar wall and a 4th order with 18s maybe a b pillar 4ths take tons of room ... the 4th order i built for my 8s i had a while back took up half my bed of my long bed truck

aside from that id tune to 45 and do a 1:2 ratio with a lot of port

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

So is there not a ratio - tuning combo that will allow the x series to play a wider bandwidth than just 20-40? And does the same concept aply to the sa's? I appreciate your patience and help with my current situation.

This whole "ratio" mentality of bandpass walls needs to die. The "ratio" approach to bandpasses is the first sign of a true idiot who thinks they know how to design enclosures but doesnt know shit.

If you wanna assume a bandpass will give you the performance you want, and you just assume that those subwoofer options will be the best for you, then you may wanna slow down and think in terms of ratios on this thing.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg