Sundown Audio

4 Sa-18s or 3 X-18s in my 4Th order?? Help me decide!!

So im an idiot is what your saying?

Not necessarily, but i cant control your assumptions.

All im saying is that if you are going to assume an enclosure alignment to be best for you just because it is the current fad thing, then your level of knowledge is seemingly quite basic and you need to stick with the most basic approach to it.

You can design the thing the hard way, build it, and be done, or you can take the "ratio" approach, build it, then test it, and then slowly rebuild and modify it one piece at a time until it is correct.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

I guess your right, either way its going to be a learning experience for me i havent been into car audio very long, so i dont fully understand the concepts behind every design. But i have to start somewhere, was just looking for someone to guide me in the right direction. Glad you were so willing to help man, cant wait till i have years of experience so i can talk down to the new guys and make them second guess there hobby choices

Here is a a concept that I use when designing bandpasses, if the sub will perform well in a sealed enclosure it will usually perform well in a 4th order bandpass, I see alot of subs that are designed for ported enclosures being stuffed into 4th order enclosures, dont get me wrong I see impressive numbers when this is done however the tonal quality is usually shitty,

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz