Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

this is my take on budget amps.. they cost less for a reason.

they might last longer and play longer than older budget amps but the fact of a matter is they sound like crap.. i switch to korean amps and the quality of the sound is night and day.. same with the budget subs.. yeah you can get loud with vvme subs but damn do they sound horrible..

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For 150 bucks, you'll get what you paid for. Not sure why all the hate. Yeah, it's nothing special and will likely fall short of rated specs.....but it was 150 bucks.

Just saying, there comes a line that you cross where you can accept flaws for the low price paid. Not saying I'd personally run that amp, but that's mainly because I can afford something better. If I was a high school/broke college student just wanting bass, sure. Same story with Hifonics. But don't shit on the kid for buying what he can afford.

This. Do I want something better? Yes I do. But I do get to enjoy some bass until I can get there which is worth the few hundred.

The you tube video shows it on the amp dyno and the rxd--m4 did well in my opinion, I do want better in the future but for now this rockville is gonna work, it's just my high mileage daily driver anyway. Not a show or competition vehical..... my idea is that I'm not gonna invest thousands of dollars in car audio equipment to put in my old high mileage dodge ram that only takes me to work and home..... everyone is different, this is me.

I'm just not a fan of supporting companies that intentionally deceive people. You said you wouldn't buy a tv from a company that lied about the size, why is this different?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

they might last longer and play longer than older budget amps but the fact of a matter is they sound like crap.. i switch to korean amps and the quality of the sound is night and day.. same with the budget subs.. yeah you can get loud with vvme subs but damn do they sound horrible..

Thank you for ur input, i know a $150 amp isn't gonna sound as good or be as reliable as a $350+ amp. There are so many brands and styles of subwoofers and amps. One guy might be all about soundqubed amps and they are the best !! Others will be all about rockford or sundown and nothing compares to what they believe is the best. I plan on running better quality but it will go in a more suited vehical and not my old dodge work truck like this rockville is going in.

I'm just not a fan of supporting companies that intentionally deceive people. You said you wouldn't buy a tv from a company that lied about the size, why is this different?

Their website clearly states the ratings. Yes 3 ratings is stupid. But the real ratings arw there. Did it reach ratings on amp dyno. No but close iirc. So I dont understand by telling the truth how they are lying.

Still learning but have started gathering.

But as in other Rockville threads Im gonna bounce. Because I am not promoting this amp or reccomending it. I am only speaking from experience. It makes my 2 10's move which is its job so there is not a valid arguement any can provide.

Still learning but have started gathering.

Thank you for ur input, i know a $150 amp isn't gonna sound as good or be as reliable as a $350+ amp. There are so many brands and styles of subwoofers and amps. One guy might be all about soundqubed amps and they are the best !! Others will be all about rockford or sundown and nothing compares to what they believe is the best. I plan on running better quality but it will go in a more suited vehical and not my old dodge work truck like this rockville is going in.

i dont think there is any brand that is the best.. the way i am i want to have good sounding music not just hear subs flapping. im not even looking for sq just a good sound for the music

I agree, why would I buy from a company that lies. Well there are plenty of companies of all kinds of products that lie to us yet we still buy their product. There is boss and planet audio, audio pipe, power acustik amps that put out HUNDREDS of watts LESS than what they claim and they are "rated" the rockville amp was put on a steve Meade amp dyno and did very very close to the ratings. Are the dyno numbers under what they claim to RMS, yes they are but I fell comfortable buying a $150 amp that is only 100-200 watts under their claimed rating than to spend $200 or more on a 1800 RMS watt amp that only did 1283 RMS on the dyno. Just my opinion

But as in other Rockville threads Im gonna bounce. Because I am not promoting this amp or reccomending it. I am only speaking from experience. It makes my 2 10's move which is its job so there is not a valid arguement any can provide.

Thank you for ur input, I'm sure my m4 will do its job until I get something better in the future. Thank you for being humble and respectful and not shaming me cuz I didn't spend big $$ on my amp.

Their website clearly states the ratings. Yes 3 ratings is stupid. But the real ratings arw there. Did it reach ratings on amp dyno. No but close iirc. So I dont understand by telling the truth how they are lying.
They claim 3k RMS at 1ohm. It does 1/2 that.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived