Second Skin Audio

Gravity GR-1260NP box/specs help?

Hillage

What's up guys,

I have an old Gravity GR-1260NP 12" sub layin around that I plan on putting into my stepbrother's car. It is labeled as 800W, but I have no other information besides that. Was wondering if anybody has some info/specs on this sub.

Now, that being said, I want to build a box for this sub. Nothing major, just want to get some bass going in his new car. He wants more SQ, but obviously wants to show off to his buddies. Would a sealed box be better than a ported, especially with not having any specs on the sub?

Any advice here is much appreciated. Thanks

I know it has only been 3 days but seeing as I cannot find ANY info on these subs, plus no response I have to assume I'm going in blind. That being said, is there any way to:

A: Test the sub for specs

or B: Build a box without knowing the specs

Was thinking just a simple sealed box, but I don't even know where to begin. I could take a guess, experiment a bit, but don't want to drop too much money on multiple boxes for an entry-level build for somebody not too serious about SQ or SPL.

Well as far as measuring what the subs specs are, you could always get a DATS: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dats-v2-computer-based-audio-component-test-system--390-806

If you just want to build a box without knowing the specs, you could put it in a 1 cf sealed box. That's a reasonable size for most 12" subs.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

It also seems that the company still exists, if so you could try contact them, if not there's a few inexpensive methods to get sub parameters. you will need some resistors, a $15 walmart multimeter, and some other easy to find stuff, the dats would do but for $100 I would just think of getting another sub.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll definitely contact the company and see if I can get any info from them.

It also seems that the company still exists, if so you could try contact them, if not there's a few inexpensive methods to get sub parameters. you will need some resistors, a $15 walmart multimeter, and some other easy to find stuff, the dats would do but for $100 I would just think of getting another sub.

I own a Klein MM1000 if that means anything. I'd be interested in the DIY method if you could fill me in :)

That would work fine, take a look at this:

http://sound.westhost.com/tsp.htm

The audio oscillator and frequency meter can be implemented with a smartphone app and and a cable to connect that to your amp, you will need some patience and care to make it work but it can be done, if you don't get a reply and you are determined to get this done let me know and I will assist you.

Archived