Sonic Electronix

how come no one ever admits they like their bass to be heard down the block?

Seems I'm in the same general boat here. My stereo budget was spent with myself in mind, not those around me. I want that sound energy inside my car, not going out for everyone else to hear. That's why I like to crank my system with the windows up and walk around the car, trying to see if/how the sound may be escaping, and what I can do to fix it.

In a perfect world, I'd be driving a daily +160 and you wouldn't hear shit when my windows were up.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I've felt the same way about systems since I've been about 7 years old when I first heard a pair of cerwin vega strokers.

I will admit that if I'm going from point a to point b I like to bump. I do lower the volume when I get to a red light, but as soon as I'm rolling again I like to crank it up. I have no problem admitting it.

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Man, I've felt the same way about systems since I've been about 7 years old when I first heard a pair of cerwin vega strokers.

I will admit that if I'm going from point a to point b I like to bump. I do lower the volume when I get to a red light, but as soon as I'm rolling again I like to crank it up. I have no problem admitting it.

i do the same but even when moving is not full tilt.. residential areas i try to keep it low.. my brother is the one full blast 24/7

I like it extra loud for certain times. Ex. the guy planning his "system" full tilt at a red light on a warm day. or the guy in the drive thru who thinks it makes sense to play his stuff loud enough that it makes it difficult to order. It's always entertaining to drown them out. Usually causes them to turn their system down as well.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Also just to clarify further, being heard isn't the whole point of my system. I don't have speakers in my grill. I hope that's not the picture I've painted. I'm just a basshead and being able to hear it long distances has always been part of it. Maybe I'm alone or maybe I'm the only one with the balls to admit it.

or maybe just an annoying brat.. no one needs to hear your bass but you.. it doesnt take balls it takes ignorance

Also just to clarify further, being heard isn't the whole point of my system. I don't have speakers in my grill. I hope that's not the picture I've painted. I'm just a basshead and being able to hear it long distances has always been part of it. Maybe I'm alone or maybe I'm the only one with the balls to admit it.

or maybe just an annoying brat.. no one needs to hear your bass but you.. it doesnt take balls it takes ignorance

Thats ironic, personally I think name calling is ignorant

What I find entertaining is giving a demo to someone who hasn't been in a car with bass before. That look is far more appealing than some irritated guy looking at you from a block or two down

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived