dual alternator in my honda questions

That's weird... did you have the alternator exciter wire tied to the parking lights?

no, Idk exactly what was happening but it had something to do with ECU controlling the alternator.. like there had to be some current applied to the electrical system so the alternator was kicking in.. turning the fan on was doing the trick to.. hope you got the idea

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm sure a single would be enough then bypassing the eld, but I figured... hell if I just add a second and bypass the cars electrical all together I'd have a stand alone power supply! Then if I ever want to put more in the trunk than 2500 watts I'll have the headroom. Plus now my amps get all the juice from the alternator, and doesn't have to share power with the car. Make sense?

Just as a reference, I had a 2006 Honda Civic Ex with the 1.8L motor. I was running 2 3500's, 2 800/4's, and of course the accessories and the car accessories, off of a single Singer H/0 Alt (180amp) with 6 XP950's and it was just fine. You don't want multiple alts on these Honda's, they already suck for power. You try and spin 2 alts you're going to be driving the equivalent of a 2 cylinder!

There's a thread on here that explains the ELD, and how to bypass it. I'll see if I can dig that up real quick for you. You really do only need a single GOOD H/O alternator. I would ditch that Yellow top too, and replace it with an XS Power Battery. Or even a better quality battery than the Yellow top. Northstar, Odyssey, Kinetik even, if not XS Power.

No it doesn't make sense. You're reinventing the wheel.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It will. My expedition has a 4.6l v8 and the 340a Meacham amp dragged it.. But whatever seems like you know from experience

By the way. That's rated power so your engine might do less or more. Not all engines are the same. They also get the rating on a dyno with no accessories on it no transmission or axles to spin. Also no weight of the vehicle adds to the drag. You're lucky if you're getting 190 Hp at the wheels

Archived