dual alternator in my honda questions

From experience get a 250a hairpin and save yourself the trouble. Those stock units put out like 60a at idle which won't do a thing for you for all the trouble you will be going through. The 250a hairpin will put out around 235.. 200 guaranteed amps on tap all the time as long as it's spinning

Yeah I'd have to agree. You will notice a big change right away. You're spending money on equipment and stuff, you don't want to cheap out on the power. You'll be much better off. Start saving your pennies or whatever and just bite the bullet. You'll not regret it!

And don't listen to Kyle, we all know about his electrical ocd!

You spent money on everything else but an alternator. I drive a truck with a 5.7 liter v8 and when the Alts are spinning I can feel it. Your Honda will be crushed by it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You spent money on everything else but an alternator. I drive a truck with a 5.7 liter v8 and when the Alts are spinning I can feel it. Your Honda will be crushed by it.

at full pull, and around idle, a single HO will dump on a honda motor. Will pull the revs down to almost no turn on. I delt with that 4 years ago. The newer hair pins help but, still.

Also, you dont want to spend 500$ on a after market? Your going to be RnDing a bracket, building, tweaking, replacing, for a year to get that to work right. If it even will. Theres a reason no one makes a bracket, and another reason seeing dual alts on drivable honda's left and right is more than rare. If its a trailor queen, no problem. Driving it once a month even, it will take some skill.

Your not running much power, just put in a nice 250-320 alt, add some reserve, and be done. The time this thread has gone on, youd already be holding 14v.

So then you want reliability. The single alt is the way to go.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived