went to a car audio meet and competition this weekend, saw some cool cars but forgot to film them and take pictures, just sent out some snapchats to friends did not really think of taking pictures to post here. i took a couple pictures of the car that won in the extreme class and highest 30sec average. really small car with 4 soundstream 18s on 2 ct sounds 7ks on 0,5ohm. it played a 155, something and did a 145,6 30sec average. 

iiiRpx2.jpg

one amp on each side and then the mids and high amps infront of the box behind the seats.

BCPc3kj.jpg

86NWl3u.jpg

took 1st place in my class with a 144,6, the pulley for the alternator went to shit so i was on stock alternator and did not have more electrical to turn it up any higher but im happy so far with that result. not bad for a sedan with non folding rear seats, just the skihatch to let all the pressure out through. After the 1min of playing full tilt the subs were not even warm so they can definetly take more so im going to push them harder and see what i can achieve in this car when i get the singer 370 back in again. just going to keep it this way until summer then its rebuild, ive been thinking of wall with sundown zv5s were concidering 4 15s or 2 18s but i think im going to go with 2 18s because of both space and weight. im already pushing the limit of what i am allowed to put in the car in weight. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fixed the alternator pulley and mounted it in the car and now its working great, now that i can actually turn it up abit without the voltage dropping to low its much louder, hoping the get a chance to meter it to see how much louder it is, it feels MUCH louder than before. 
MT7xwrf.jpg
 started working on some doorpods that i can wrap in vinyl so i can get my original doors on again and not use the black ones that i put together jusr so i could use my components. 
just got the basic done tonight, hopefully i will start with fibreglass tomorrow. 
jWMYkc4.jpg
hOAtiqI.jpg
gwcrxdx.jpg
this time it will be separate pods that i make on a fibreglass moulding that i took so i can just screw it on the door and makes it easy to wrap with vinyl. 

• 2 weeks later...

8L2gXnP.jpg
HAhiPtr.jpg

it was cold as hell outside the days i got this done and im currently away so this is about how far i got, i have reinforced it some with micro glass balloons that i did not take any pictures of. 
currently working on a new box for some sundown zv5 18s for my car. going to build the box probably just after new years and probably going to order the subs by easter if everything goes to plan so im ready for the summer season and some competitions. also need to get the dc 5k that stopped working again fixed... since there is no warranty anymore i opened it and some mosfets are blown on the power supply side. which i find very strange since its been loaded at 1ohm before rise and never seen below 12volts.
hWsglWP.jpg
this is how im planning on making the box, its on its side right now, the plan is to have the port in the top and kerf it, never done kerfing so think im gonna do some practising before i try on the box since the pieces are quite large to kerf and i dont want to fail...
its just about 500liter (17,66cubic feet9 with port and about 370liters (13cubic feet) after port and sub displacement tuned to 32hz

Looks like its going to be nice man.  A tip for kerfing (compliments of @nkrell11)... make sure the kerf depth only leaves 1-2 plies left. 1.5 plies is perfect.  Also make sure the cuts are dead straight.  

1.5 plies seems like too few to hold together, but if you leave more than 2 plies, it'll crack.  Less than 1 ply and it may also crack/break.  1.5 was the magic number.

26930565909_0ef346a698_b.jpg

Honestly, leaving 2 plies on this section was a bit too much.  Again, 1.5 plies gives the best kerf

26930565789_9d6391dcc0_b.jpg

Final product of the kerf (i filled the cracks in with glue before bending)

26930565629_bbaec6614a_b.jpg

Looking forward to seeing that box!

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

after discussing the new project with a friend who has the red peugeot with the 6 12s walled we came up with changing the box abit so the port is not a part of the main structure of the box to make it stronger, so then i made this one wich i think will be the one to build. 
HJczgow.jpg4hVyeHp.jpg
3EhXPHW.jpg
this will also make the sheets that i have to kerf smaller aswell so it will be abit easier to deal with. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wppuCpa.jpg
finished the pod, overall happy with the result and ive learned alot from it that will make this much easier next time i do it. a buddy of mine with the same car wants to mount the same speakers as me in the doors but another tweeter so im gonna help him with it. 
on this picture there are only 3screws on the tweeter and they are silver, ive painted the screws black now and mounted all 4 of them. 
SchhzV6.jpg

started to finish the trunk of my car after a long time, i got about half way wrapping the carpet and i ran out of glue so i have to get some more glue and finish it. 
this will be a false floor of the trunk over the dc5k that will be illuminated and shown in the window. going to mount some fans on both sides of it aswell to make sure it doesnt get to hot. 

• 5 months later...

been a while since i actually finished the doors now, just havent had the time to upload anything, im super happy with the b2 hn6ps they are playing much louder than the gladens and actually there was no downgrade in soundquality. They sound amazing and there is a suprising amount of midbass from just 2 6,5inch drivers in each door. 
LYqQUwu.jpg

un40uZy.jpg

and yet again i have learned quite abit form this project on what to do and what can be improved, ive actually started making some doors for a buddy of mine with the same car that will be running the same mids and a different tweeter.
DBwJPRv.jpg

VMvQ2LM.jpg

i made some flush mount mdf rings for both the mids and the tweeter and i will be doing this for myself aswell when i make new doors, made the rings for the mids abit to tight in the picture  and had to take some of to make room for the vinyl, the tweeter was perfect.
KXctS08.jpg

mocked up the first door, used one of my other doorpanels to line everything up, i have to cut out alot more in these doorpanels than i had to in mine because i will be partialy mounting the mdf ring itself inside the doorpanel so it does no stick out as much as mine does. 
When i have my doors closed the controllers for the powered seats just barerly clears the speaker pod and in these it will be much more space

Archived