Sonic Electronix

AVH-X4700BS vs AVH-X4800BS.... site says 4700 fits 07 explorer and 4800 says does not fit?

both units measure 7" W x 3-7/8" H x 6-1/2" D but site does not add the dash install kit because it says does not fit?

I am really interested in the dual phone connectivity options but what other options are added in the $70 price difference?

After Christmas I am interested in buying a new HU but I need to sort a few things out with options...

get the 4800 if you have a newer phone. The 4700 does not support alot of the new androids. I found this out the hard way a month ago..............

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

but if you like android auto shell out a little more and go with the avic-4100nex. Seems like a cool feature. I might still try and sell this 4700 and pick up a 4100 nex.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I cant stand playing music with android I just want to be able to pair a phone and an ipod at the same time.... this radio is more of a pipe dream since it already costs more than I can swing anytime soon but for the extra $70 it might have more options than the dual pairing....I do plan on going active if I buy it but then i would need another amp for my tweets

well the price dropped $20 because of some saturday before chrismas online deal... I found a 5% off code "cant really complain about $332" so I went ahead and broke the bank and ordered the 4800.... looks like sonic said it would not fit because they are out of the house brand dash kits so I had to add one for $9.99.."crutchfield said it would fit" also added a few last minute X-mas gifts..... cant wait till this arrives and I can ditch my cheap scoche HU.... says it will be here on the 23rd and its claimed to be 55f in detroit that day.... my job raised my christmas bonus to $100 this year so it should all work out.... now to go full active this spring!..... anyone know where clipping is on this unit using the DD1.... I would guess it does not clip from what I have watched on pioneer units..... already ordered a bypass off ebay!

Edited by MotorCityFats13

Haven't checked it yet. I'll post where it clips here soon once I put my system in. Great deck though, you should enjoy it!

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I'm glad everything got sorted out here. I'm not sure why the 4800 was not showing fitment with your explorer, but I'm going to contact the fitment team about that right now.

728x90.jpg

www.sonicelectronix.com | Authorized dealer for Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Sony, Hifonics, NVX, Wet Sounds, Kicker, JBL, and tons more!

Check out the exclusive SMD deals on this thread: Name your Deal & Exclusive SMD Promotions

I'm glad everything got sorted out here. I'm not sure why the 4800 was not showing fitment with your explorer, but I'm going to contact the fitment team about that right now.

just installed the unit.... so far I am loving it... still have to dial it in but this HU is really sweet just have to get this EQ all set up... my tweeters are really noticeable now having more than treble and bass adjustment, have to wait till my mic comes so I can try out the auto eq function.... but I might try my computer as an RTA and see how this goes

• 2 weeks later...

my next purchase is either the 4800 or 5800 love the 3 way network mode

2007 chevy avalanche

triple singer 350s, pioneer avhx4800bs, 14 krome ka8s 4 st50 4 st30 tweeters, pro ad4000.1 crescendo 800.4

crossfire xs8k 3 15s tbd blow through ported