DAC vs optical

It honestly depends on what exactly you want out of it. If want "to have it all" then best quality would be a good sound card to output a signal with all the codings for the receiver which you will NEED. Optical can't do everything HDMI can as far as quailty specs. Optical would be a close second, and in either case it also depends on how good your receiver's DAC is. It always goes back to the golden rule of your quality will depend on your weakest component.

if you are only going to use the onkyo for headphones, no need to even worry about surround sound, you are running a stereo cable to your headphones. I would look at a tube dac/headphone amp, you can have some hi end sound on the cheap, check out amazon or ebay then do reviews. Just a thought,

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

he said DAC not GLOCK

My reply was to Chris, talking about using a receiver, which is something I am doing using digital out from the pc into the receiver.

I found that dac and preamps are not as loud as I like and not an option when the receiver walks all over them.

But anyways, where do you see a glock?

I see no glock!

It honestly depends on what exactly you want out of it. If want "to have it all" then best quality would be a good sound card to output a signal with all the codings for the receiver which you will NEED. Optical can't do everything HDMI can as far as quailty specs. Optical would be a close second, and in either case it also depends on how good your receiver's DAC is. It always goes back to the golden rule of your quality will depend on your weakest component.

Damn I would have figured it would be superior to hdmi due to the fact it's a dedicated audio source. And speaking of headphones they are great if you can't afford a home setup or don't want to bother others but when I blow shit up damnit I want to feel it lol.

Archived