DC Sound Lab

Not a lot of power. Strapped at 2ohm each amp gunna rise and not make a lot of power... You need to strap at 1ohm for then amps to make some power...

From my testing two CF 8ks at 1ohm EACH was same DB as 1 cf 8k at .5ohm because the damn rise. Why have double the money tied up into two amps when you can wire 1amp low and get same results

Edit just seen u have two lvl6 18s... A DC 7.5k on each woofer at 1ohm would hammer them things lol

I mean 2 dc 7.5k's strapped at 2ohms for the pair of woofers is no different than 2 dc 7.5k's ran at 1 ohm per woofer.

Not a lot of power. Strapped at 2ohm each amp gunna rise and not make a lot of power... You need to strap at 1ohm for then amps to make some power...

From my testing two CF 8ks at 1ohm EACH was same DB as 1 cf 8k at .5ohm because the damn rise. Why have double the money tied up into two amps when you can wire 1amp low and get same results

Edit just seen u have two lvl6 18s... A DC 7.5k on each woofer at 1ohm would hammer them things lol

I mean 2 dc 7.5k's strapped at 2ohms for the pair of woofers is no different than 2 dc 7.5k's ran at 1 ohm per woofer.

Wouldn't strapping at 1 be 0.5 per not 1 ohm?

Edited by Carnines

strapping at 1ohm would be .5 per amp correct, but would void warranty and some people are not all about that life.

strapping at 2 ohm would be 1ohm per amp.

But dude said strapping at 2 ohms wouldnt be a lot of power, then followed that statement by saying you should run 1 7.5 per sub at 1ohm and that would make the subs hammer....

Kind of messed up since each amp sees the same load either way, and rise will almost always be similar for the most part weather or not its a 2x rise or a 4x rise strapped at 2ohms or single at 1ohm. Just an example.

cant you see he did some testing

To some its not worth while to stress one amp instead of buying 2.

Not everyone is into that.

And its not always about rise, sometimes power compression plays a HUGE factor.
From 2 amps wired at .35 in my truck to 4 amps wired at .7 I only gain a small amount on the meter, but I make a shit ton more power, and woofers get hot stupid quick compared to as they do with 2 amps.
All that extra power was quickly transferred in to heat and had nothing to do with rise.

So just because something may be one way in one persons vehicles does not mean it is going to be the same in everyone elses vehicle.

It could even be 2 of the same make model vehicles with the same gear and you can have drastic differences in results.