Sundown Audio

Terrible temporary setup help 2.0

For sure. Experience is a great teacher. My first overpriced JL system was cool but I had that done by a pro who recently retired:/ I feel like sundown is more bang for the buck these days. For the Blazer I'm thinking of a vented around 5.3 cubes @32 Hz for the Sa12s. I'm just dreading pulling the whole rig apart. I'm gonna be running 6 sets of components. Kick panels, all 4 doors, and 2 sets in the rear. it'll be done perfectly even if it takes time. I'm way too meticulous for my own good. And my job is 9 months a year lol.

I do have a curiosity... does adding to the rigidity of the MDF (Rhino-line or heavy staining and sealant) have any effect on sound characteristics? Also, would perfectly rounded inner corners make a difference vs. 45s? I'm that bored. I figure if I trick out the box that ill get the most out of the sub/power that I have.

If the box is built properly bed liner or something similar won't make a difference. Sound deadener will. Lots of panels and long pieces of sheet metal in a blazer, it'll be a good investment. Personally I wouldn't waste money on rear comps and a lot of other people would tell you the same especially if you go with the front stage you're talking about. As far as the corners go you'll get mixed answers. 45's will help more with making the box more ridged than they will with any type of sound performance. If you're doing a slot port I'd use them ther and that's it.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

multiple sets of tweeters can be hard to set up if you are trying to get a good sound stage... I would do 1 set of comps in the front and some midbass/midrange drivers and run a cheaper set of stock size 2 ways in the rear or delete them completely and go full active in the front.... if you are just trying to get mind numbing loud then do the 35 sets of comps that you want

I work outdoors, thats the main purpose of the rear cargo sets. Lot of outdoor excursions during the summer as well. I go gold mining, camping, hunting, and dirtbike riding. Even thinking of running the rear stuff totally separate from the front. Going with a large alt and either kinetic or xs battery bank.