keeping it simple

will the 1500 be the largest amp or will there be larger amps.. what will be the price point?

A 1500 watt class a amp is a monster.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Nice work! Going all out on the sound deadening.

Why can't monoblocks be run from the same power cable? What advantages does a double run offer here besides lower resistance?

Do you do PCB production in-house? Saw some pictures of the new amp PCB, looks very nice!

Will there be any reveals on the DiamondBoxx MINI at CES?

It's a true pleasure to be included in this project. Many of you know that I was in car audio for some time - '83 - 2008. In that 25 years, I had the pleasure of working with some phenomenal people and Tony is certainly among them. Tony and I worked together at Rockford from '02-'08 (although he worked there before I came on board). We met through a love of fast cars and have been buds ever since. Since I've known Tony, I have seen and heard things that I never imagined possible. He has this uncanny ability to explain even the most difficult to grasp concepts in such a way that anyone can understand. In addition, Tony has helped me to achieve many of the projects that I've taken on over the years by thinking them through with me in an effort to make them successful - many of them have become wildly successful as a result.

I have been a hard core audio enthusiast since I was a kid. Trust me when I tell you that Tony will go down as one of the most forward thinking audio engineers of his time and his name will be mentioned among the audio greats - Saul Marantz, Frank McIntosh, Avery Fisher, Bob Carver, John Curl, Jim Strickland, Arnie Nudell, Dan D'Agnosto, etc. His designs are without compromise. He has poured his heart and soul into this project just as he has so many others. For those of you lucky enough to see this launched at CES, you will be as fortunate as those that stood in line to witness the unveiling of the T15kw at CES just a few short years ago.

Tony has influenced me greatly in the time that I've known him and continues to do so - brother, you're an inspiration and one of my very best friends! To say that I'm excited for you here would be an understatement. Car audio is ready and my 'stang is due for a make over in the audio department!

• Like (+1 Rep) 8

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Nice work! Going all out on the sound deadening.

Why can't monoblocks be run from the same power cable? What advantages does a double run offer here besides lower resistance?

Do you do PCB production in-house? Saw some pictures of the new amp PCB, looks very nice!

Will there be any reveals on the DiamondBoxx MINI at CES?

Great question! In the case of our dual monoblock amplifier, it is literally two mono amps in one chassis so both have to have their own power cable as each of them has it's own power supply. Why is this a good thing? In the case of running subwoofers (as one of our dual monoblocks will be in this build) it doesn't make much if any difference at all, other than offering lower resistance as you mentioned. But in the case of running components (as the other dual monoblock amp will be in this build) it makes a big difference on Stereo Separation. Stereo separation is this (on a multichannel amplifier): If a sound input to the Left Channel, and no sound is input to the Right Channel, how much sound actually comes out of the right channel? In a perfect world the right channel would be completely silent. In the real world some of the sound intended for the Left Channel will come out of the right channel. This problem is especially bad at higher (tweeter) frequencies. As frequency increases electricity doesn't necessarily need wire to conduct, it will radiate wirelessly if not shielded very well. In a 2 channel amp, both amplifiers share a common circuit board and power supply so some of the left channel sounds can easily find their way into the right channel. In a very well made 2 channel amplifier, the channel separation may only be 40dB or so at high freqs. That means if the left channel is playing a tone or sound, the same tone or sound will be coming out of the right channel; but -40 dB from that of the left channel. This tends to "blur" the imaging, sounds won't appear to come from where they were intended to. On a TRUE dual mono design like ours this problem is really not a problem any more. I say TRUE because there are several "dual mono" designs on the market that are fake. Dual connectors to the same PCB. Left and right channels right next to each other on 1/2 of the same PCB... etc.

Hope that answers the question. Keep them coming!

Tony D

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-25%20at%201.05.5

:peepwall:

• Like (+1 Rep) 5
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread