It's a true pleasure to be included in this project. Many of you know that I was in car audio for some time - '83 - 2008. In that 25 years, I had the pleasure of working with some phenomenal people and Tony is certainly among them. Tony and I worked together at Rockford from '02-'08 (although he worked there before I came on board). We met through a love of fast cars and have been buds ever since. Since I've known Tony, I have seen and heard things that I never imagined possible. He has this uncanny ability to explain even the most difficult to grasp concepts in such a way that anyone can understand. In addition, Tony has helped me to achieve many of the projects that I've taken on over the years by thinking them through with me in an effort to make them successful - many of them have become wildly successful as a result.

I have been a hard core audio enthusiast since I was a kid. Trust me when I tell you that Tony will go down as one of the most forward thinking audio engineers of his time and his name will be mentioned among the audio greats - Saul Marantz, Frank McIntosh, Avery Fisher, Bob Carver, John Curl, Jim Strickland, Arnie Nudell, Dan D'Agnosto, etc. His designs are without compromise. He has poured his heart and soul into this project just as he has so many others. For those of you lucky enough to see this launched at CES, you will be as fortunate as those that stood in line to witness the unveiling of the T15kw at CES just a few short years ago.

Tony has influenced me greatly in the time that I've known him and continues to do so - brother, you're an inspiration and one of my very best friends! To say that I'm excited for you here would be an understatement. Car audio is ready and my 'stang is due for a make over in the audio department!

Wow thanks for that brother! You have a way with words my friend! Someday if I become like you say, please write my wikipedia bio!

Nice work! Going all out on the sound deadening.

Why can't monoblocks be run from the same power cable? What advantages does a double run offer here besides lower resistance?

Do you do PCB production in-house? Saw some pictures of the new amp PCB, looks very nice!

Will there be any reveals on the DiamondBoxx MINI at CES?

All PCB design is done in house by myself. The manufacturing of the raw pcb requires equipment that we do not have so they are bought. Once we receive the raw pcbs, we have the components soldered to them by robotics in either our LA area pcb house, or our Phx area pcb house. We mount all of the power devices to the heatsinks in house, then put the heatsinks though the circuit boards (will make sense when I release pics and info of the design) and solder the power devices to the pcbs in house. The heatsinks are machined from solid aluminum, not cast or extruded. More details on the amp later, and my reasoning for each element of the design will be detailed. I will start a new thread to show the last 2 years in development in one place where we can all discuss the design.

Edited by TonyD'Amore
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

All PCB design is done in house by myself. The manufacturing of the raw pcb requires equipment that we do not have so they are bought. Once we receive the raw pcbs, we have the components soldered to them by robotics in either our LA area pcb house, or our Phx area pcb house. We mount all of the power devices to the heatsinks in house, then put the heatsinks though the circuit boards (will make sense when I release pics and info of the design) and solder the power devices to the pcbs in house. The heatsinks are machined from solid aluminum, not cast or extruded. More details on the amp later, and my reasoning for each element of the design will be detailed. I will start a new thread to show the last 2 years in development in one place where we can all discuss the design.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.Looking forward to the tread! I'll hold off on asking more questions for now, they will probably be answered there then :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Where at CES?

It will be mobile mostly, we will try to have it available for demos upon request as much as possible.

Gimme the keys Tony, me and ken will hit the strip. I'll personally guarantee many will hear and see it. :)

Those boards look like pure sex. That shop does some rad looking work also, thumbs up.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

man this is gonna be unreal, im tuned in for sure!

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Damn. Cheesin'!

Those are nice wheels though.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography