Slowed

2004 GTO Build ideas

Cool. So I've never done this before.. Does the pvc connect to the box? Or does it just give the bass coming from the box a path into the cab without being physically attached to the box?

The PVC is going to be your port. There are a few decent enclosure designers on here, I'm sure one of them will help you if you make a thread in the enclosure section with your max available dimensions (don't forget to account for space for your amp(s) and battery(s) that I'm sure will be back there as well. Also make sure you account for the size of the trunk opening unless you plan to build it inside of the trunk

Ideally, the pvc port would be attached to the box and to the deck opening.

Missed it if this was suggested, why not just remove the the factory speakers in the deck, build a port rear/sub rear box, and be done. That car isn't going to be LOUD without a wall, take what you can get.

If you can get as much of the port external of the box 2 12s would be the best way to go. I had 1 15 and output was alright now i have just 1 12 and on the meter it was like 130 db on music.

Are you opposed to running a fuel cell instead of the stock tank? I've heard of problems with some aftermarket calls being leaky but surely they can't all be.

Are you opposed to running a fuel cell instead of the stock tank? I've heard of problems with some aftermarket calls being leaky but surely they can't all be.

I hear it's pretty expensive and I may sell the car one day so I Would rather not. Very tempting though

If you can get as much of the port external of the box 2 12s would be the best way to go. I had 1 15 and output was alright now i have just 1 12 and on the meter it was like 130 db on music.

How do you think a couple of sundown x12s would do back there?

GTOGuy is a personal friend of mine. I hate working on his car audio wise. It's a nightmare to get stuff in and no results come from it

He is currently experimenting with a rear deck ib setup. Not loud but will sound good