Decent towing rig ideas? Need a truck

after ford finally ditched that six point blow it is again a worthy truck, but really anything other than the cummins is a winner

even their 6.4 is poo...

all 3 brand will do it.

and all 3 will do it differntly.

go drive one, see if you like it.

im a cummins guy myself.

i own one, have had about 18k pounds gross, i had 0 issues doing 90mph when i needed too.

my brother owns a 12v ram 3500.. we did a 13hr trip, loaded about 18k pounds again ( purple truck on a trailer ) threw mountains, set cruise at 65-70, only time we stopped was for fuel.. twice

I totally forgot about the 6.4L

expensive pieces of shit.

cool technology, piss poor design from International.

new 6.7 is the best diesel Ford has ever used, just so happens to be an inhouse all Ford design too...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a f550 at work, thing hauls around 20,000lbs of batteries like they aren't even there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Those came with an optional CAT engine, which is way better than the line of International engines. Emissions laws put an end to CAT, sad to see them go in rigs

fixed.

a f650/750 with a C7 is a bad bitch for sure. But they are generally air brake equipped, which requires a CDL to operate. And in New Mexico, DOT is crazier than fuck

Those came with an optional CAT engine, which is way better than the line of International engines. Emissions laws put an end to CAT, sad to see them go in rigs

fixed.

a f650/750 with a C7 is a bad bitch for sure. But they are generally air brake equipped, which requires a CDL to operate. And in New Mexico, DOT is crazier than fuck

Hell yeah man, that was my dads dream ride, he was about to pull the trigger on one, but good thing he didn't because he would have had to get rid of it. California emission laws ruin EVERYTHING!!!

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

Pull a 92 Toyota pickup?

Shit man you could do that with a half ton easy. Hell, total weight behind me today was right around 7k.

10628261_937953009587820_631805592775355

I'd pull that setup comfortably anywhere all across the nation, with a nice trailer brake controller.

I found a 2000 F350 dually 2wd V10 with 80k miles. It was baught for and only used as a tow truck for their 5th wheel camper brand new. It's damn near brand new except for when a tire (origional) threw a tread a couple of months ago. It whacked the fender pretty good and dude duckt taped it.lol It has all 6 new tires now and the leather is pristine. Sumbitch rides like a caddy unloaded. Now, 10 or so MPG may scare some people but my old 3.0 Toyota that just blew up wasn't much better these last couple of years. I pick it up monday for 10.5g's. That leaves me some money to bring the whole thing up to date intake, exhaust, tuning and audio. I'll post pics when I bring it home.

Archived