Decent towing rig ideas? Need a truck

same here. I really do not like shopping. For ANYTHING. I saw some real shitty trucks for sale at the local credit killers and the big name lots were nutts about their used truck prices. I told them all my budget, the fact that I wasn't going to finance and that I knew what I didn't want. First thing they do is try to show me what I don't want. I tell them I have cash, I am going to buy a truck, That smoke is not OK on a 2013, that is a knock and the check engine light is on, someone keyed the shit out of this one, mould in the back of the suburban, it's not common for a 2008 with new tires to shimmy like it had paulsey etc.

Ended up on Fort Bragg and found this truck. It really is a damn near new 15 year old truck.

that's a bulletproof old rig too. 4R100 is a STOUT ass trans, and that v10 isn't a slouch at all. Would most definitely change the plugs, put some OEM Motorcrafts back in. And do some coil boots too while you are there. Fuel filter too.

love the way that motor sounds with a nice free flowing exhaust. Has such a unique sound

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Oh yeah, gonna open up the intake and exhaust. A place near me named Compitition Auto has a dyno and will help you squeese as much out of your vehicle as your money can buy. Now to figure out the audio. I have two brand new SAv2 8's and miles of 1/0 and a bunch of 2/0. At least untill I get to where I am going then I'm thinking up something pretty cool.

that's a bulletproof old rig too. 4R100 is a STOUT ass trans, and that v10 isn't a slouch at all. Would most definitely change the plugs, put some OEM Motorcrafts back in. And do some coil boots too while you are there. Fuel filter too.

love the way that motor sounds with a nice free flowing exhaust. Has such a unique sound

When I was a garage door installer they gave us a F350 v10 for work... It was a pig lol... Moved weight with 0 effort and drove really nicely for a big ass truck.. I am not a ford guy but I would own one of those v10's it was nice except for the gas mileage but most don't look for fuel efficiency in a tow truck or bigger truck such as the 350 lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

10 MPG towing is my goal. I'm not going to drive it too much the next few months but I am thinking BIG in the next year or so. Well, big for me. It has some room forward of the 5th wheel so it looks like a blow through is the main idea.

Archived