Table saw options

Frank H

I am torn between the two portable table saws - the Bosch 1031 and Dewalt 7480. I have read a ton of reviews and spent so much time researching and comparing, and still where I started. Not sure which one I want. haha I like the dewalt telescoping extension with gears. I like the Bosch storage of all attachments. I like the Dewalt 24.5" rip capacity over the 18" on the Bosch. The Bosch is pretty dang heavy but thats not a big deal, and I like the one hand handle. Havent had the chance to pick up the Dewalt yet.

Any suggestions?

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

Ill be using this to build boxes and house projects. It wont be a work horse... probably sit most of the year.

Scion xB
Singer 275
Big 3 OFC 1/0
Kenwood ddx492
Alpine 4ch f600 - Alpine components

SoundQubed 4500 - Sundown Audio X12

I love every Dewalt tool I have ever bought. As far as tools go for box building and working with wood Im pretty biased towards Milwaukee and Dewalt. I've used Bosch too and haven't been as pleased. Though they do make some decent router bits.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I own a bosch jigsaw, and bosch compound slide miter saw, I bought it because it had the longest cutting length, I absolutely love it and think its best saw in that catergory. I love bosch, even my dishwasher and washer and dryer are bosch. Which has more HP?

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Honestly you'd be better off buying a good circular saw than a cheap table saw.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i use a circular saw with a straight edge and the cuts are nice but its more time consuming.. the blade will be your best friend.. i use a cheap circular saw and it was okay at cutting but bought a blade worth double the price of the saw and it cuts wood like butter and the cuts are so much better..

They both have advantages and disadvantages but at the same time they are different tools and have their own purposes. If you don't have a giant ass shop table saw a circular saw is good for tearing into a fresh sheet (I love that feeling). It's easier to cut 45's and make symmetrical pieces with a table saw.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived