any experience with Powermax Alternators

I understand the point you are trying to make, but look at it like this. There are alot of biased opinions here and some contributors who seem to go out of their way to make noobs feel stupid about some choices they want to make. When someone talks shit or is super negative I wouldnt want to listen I would want to prove them wrong even if it meant I was going to make a mistake. Atleast I learned from the mistake and can help someone from buying the same thing I did and letting them knnow I bought it and I had a bad experience, Instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.

Everyone on here has done dumb shit in their career when buying audio equipment, its how we learn. BTW 5 years ago I asked a question in an alt forum and everyone jumped my ass when asked what other company people would recommend other than Iraggi... I got alot of smart ass answers, people saying shit like "Irragi for the win noob"....

yea thats a clear winner!

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

For awhile iraggi was on top. He was also basically the only person who was doing big Alts. But of course he started doing his disappearing acts and his work didn't keep up with technology so that killed him. But it was more than five years ago because mechman has been here for more than that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Too be honest his work never kept up in the first place, overwound alts. questionable quality parts. When steve had iraggi alts in his truck all but one was bad when he pulled them out. Thats not a very good track record and thats when Iraggi was on top of his game. I get it alts take punishment especially in our enviroment. But High failure rate is all too common. there are a few new companies that are working on some exciting technology, just waiting for a decent size alt for my car.... tick tock

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Madvibes, if you've followed a bunch of alt threads since you've been a member, you'd know that several guys HAVE bought them and they've failed and left them stranded. That is where we draw our conclusion from, memory.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ok, i believe you if you followed my life you'd have seen a ************* leave me stranded twice,, in the same month.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

My statement wasnt that powermax was good or that I would spend money on it, my statements were implying that people who have used the product or have explicit knowledge of the product should be the ones recommending he buy it. Not statements like, you get what you pay for, too cheap must be shitty.

How about statements like this...

I bought one from them and it burned out in two weeks and when it did work it only put out a max of 120 amps.

Or another option is, I had a friend of mine buy one and he hated it, it ddint work as claimed.

Thats all, like I said I am not saying powermax is legit, I am just saying before people pipe up talking shit atleast have 100 knowledge something sucks and not just guess that it does.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Because that's the dumbest fucking thing I've read in awhile, lol. This is not a charity event towards cheap knockoffs, and your logic isn't sound. If, for instance, everyone came out and said that's garbage get mechman (or whatever boner brand it is at the moment) your statement would hold weight. As it sits now, a cheap piece of crap is a cheap piece of crap. Alternators are one of the items where money is exactly what you want to go off of. No company period using proper parts, wound properly, with the proper research can not be sold for that cheap. Just can't.

This really isn't an example of people jumping down a newbs throat because he went against the grain and people bashed something with no technical knowledge, this is an example of a product not being worth it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Because that's the dumbest fucking thing I've read in awhile, lol. This is not a charity event towards cheap knockoffs, and your logic isn't sound. If, for instance, everyone came out and said that's garbage get mechman (or whatever boner brand it is at the moment) your statement would hold weight. As it sits now, a cheap piece of crap is a cheap piece of crap. Alternators are one of the items where money is exactly what you want to go off of. No company period using proper parts, wound properly, with the proper research can not be sold for that cheap. Just can't.

This really isn't an example of people jumping down a newbs throat because he went against the grain and people bashed something with no technical knowledge, this is an example of a product not being worth it.

Glad you're not a dick head when responding to simple statements, its responses like yours thats driving people away from this site not towards it! Proper research, there arent many inventive ideas coming lately when it comes to alts, what over wound? large stater? better brushes, alts are as complex as subs, Not very!

BTW we all know some decent chinese subs right? can they handle 3000 watts no? but they can serve a purpose. Like I said i am not endorsing powermax, I have never tried their products, however I am not going to jump on there throats either, The same people who would bash an alt company before using their products are the same people who would bash audiopipe before using theirs....

BTW I like audiopipe, yes I have used it.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

^This. There's no way those alts do what they say AND are reliable. The parts alone to build a quality HO alt cost more than what those are selling for.

I agree more than likely not, however until you test the it we dont know.

remember a couple of months ago steve tested a gravity amp and people said it was only gonna do like 600 and it ended up doing over rated. I am just saying that was a 100 dollar amp that was cost 10 cents a watt. good deal to me.

Miss me with the "yea its cheap power but what about the reliabilty?" until you have owned one and either detroyed it or enjoyed it you cant comment on that either.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Archived