any experience with Powermax Alternators

Powermax alternator is crap. I purchased one because it was cheap. Voltage regulator was all over the place. One minute i'm charging at 14.2 look down and now I'm at 15.1 then dropped to 13.8 then back to 14.4. This was while driving. Stop at a light and alt not charging at all. Also the power output of my amps seemed lower. Bass did not hit as hard as it did with my stock alt. Emailed powermax after 1 day and demanded a refund. Dude accused me of breaking the alt and improper installation. I installed with shorter belt and after a week of escalating emails ebay customer service made him refund me. The next day I ordered a mechman. Been happy since then. Conclusion - stay far far away from powermax

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because that's the dumbest fucking thing I've read in awhile, lol. This is not a charity event towards cheap knockoffs, and your logic isn't sound. If, for instance, everyone came out and said that's garbage get mechman (or whatever boner brand it is at the moment) your statement would hold weight. As it sits now, a cheap piece of crap is a cheap piece of crap. Alternators are one of the items where money is exactly what you want to go off of. No company period using proper parts, wound properly, with the proper research can not be sold for that cheap. Just can't.

This really isn't an example of people jumping down a newbs throat because he went against the grain and people bashed something with no technical knowledge, this is an example of a product not being worth it.

Glad you're not a dick head when responding to simple statements, its responses like yours thats driving people away from this site not towards it! Proper research, there arent many inventive ideas coming lately when it comes to alts, what over wound? large stater? better brushes, alts are as complex as subs, Not very!

BTW we all know some decent chinese subs right? can they handle 3000 watts no? but they can serve a purpose. Like I said i am not endorsing powermax, I have never tried their products, however I am not going to jump on there throats either, The same people who would bash an alt company before using their products are the same people who would bash audiopipe before using theirs....

BTW I like audiopipe, yes I have used it.

Oh no he didn't..

The problem with your way is that you are basically supporting the company, and that's how shitty brands regardless of what type of products they are stay in business.

Using inferior parts, with cheaper prices (in short term), a bit (or a lot) of marketing and people's goodwill.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I don't even see how I was a dick. Because I called something stupid stupid? Come on now, and I'm just getting back into this.

LMFFAO @ frozen eskimo

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Many have used them, general consensus is they suck, /thread.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I wonder what the bottom line cost of a HO alt really is and the markup.... for the most part a stock new not rebuilt motorcraft 130amp 3G is already overpriced and I am sure that helps the pricing on the HO builds..... and does any HO brands offer any worthwhile limited lifetime warrenty....

I wonder what the bottom line cost of a HO alt really is and the markup.... for the most part a stock new not rebuilt motorcraft 130amp 3G is already overpriced and I am sure that helps the pricing on the HO builds..... and does any HO brands offer any worthwhile limited lifetime warrenty....

yeah that markup on motorcraft is crazy. The dealer quoted me more than it cost for my mechman

Archived