Pioneer Head Unit, and a NVX JAD 1200.1

I also have this same issue as the OP and have a Pioneer AVH HU. Doesn't seem like there was any way to make it work. I definitely followed the instructions this isn't the first time using it and the DD1 worked flawless on all the other amps and HU's. I just don't get it. Any suggestions?

What's the rest of your setup? You can't get distortion from the HU using tracks 1&2? Or you're just not getting it from the amp after finding the HU distortion point?

I also have this same issue as the OP and have a Pioneer AVH HU. Doesn't seem like there was any way to make it work. I definitely followed the instructions this isn't the first time using it and the DD1 worked flawless on all the other amps and HU's. I just don't get it. Any suggestions?

What's the rest of your setup? You can't get distortion from the HU using tracks 1&2? Or you're just not getting it from the amp after finding the HU distortion point?

HU is a AVH270, Amp is a NVX JAD 1200.1. Sub is a Sundown SA-15 D2 wired to 1 Ohm. I distort on the HU at 38(40Hz track 1) 39(1kHz track 2) so max clean volume is 37. I hook into the amp's speaker outputs respectively with the sub sonic filter set to the lowest(20Hz) and the low pass filter set to the highest(320Hz), I can max the gain out with the HU set to the max clean volume (37) with the 40Hz -5 dB tone. I get the signal light and the 40Hz light but never a distortion light. it flickers like the OP stated sometimes but goes away without touching the gain. I've done three other system with the dd-1 and actually just did a forth today. Of course they had different equipment but it should still work on mine.

Edited by AzureX

That amp seems to be an issue with the DD-1. I'm going to link this thread to someone and hopefully we can receive some insight. Stay tuned.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Best I have for you for now is to do a -10dB frequency sweep through your head unit at max clean with your crossovers set where you want them, measure the AC voltage straight from the RCAs, and then set your gain where the highest voltage you read would be. Not accurate, possible chance of clipping unless you set it really conservatively, but better than nothing. Unless you have an O-scope