Very little bass coming from subs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you disconnected your power, ground, remote lead, and RCAs and hooked them up to your brother's amp. When you did that did his amp work properly? If so then I would disconnect everything and reconnect it to be sure it's done properly. If it still doesn't work it's possible that a cable broke internally when being manipulated. That happens very easily especially with thin cables.

hit and accidently turned on the high pass xover on the amp.?

Edited by MADVIBES

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN [email protected] HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

[email protected]  [email protected]

It's possible to test your RCAs without pulling them or your head unit out. Get an RCA female left and right to stereo female 3.5 mm adapter and plug it into the male end of the RCAs that go to your amp and then plug in a cheap pair of headphones. DO NOT PUT THEM ON OR IN YOUR EARS!!! Your head unit puts out 2 volts and will fuck up your ears and headphones. Start at the lowest volume and slowly turn it up and listen... you will be able to tell if you have signal coming through. If not then you have a broken RCA or another problem somewhere in the signal flow before the amp.

Ok I am making a prediction. You have solder type rca's the kind where the barrel screws around the center pin. I am going to say that you have a negative that has come unsoldered and laying across a positive. Second prediction. You have your head unit grounded and powered at the same spot where your amp is hooked up, the deck lost memory and the sub output returned back to zero when it was previsouly a postive#..

all guesses....

He has a pioneer head unit, so most likely thing I would guess is Pico fuse.

I initially thought that too, but I remembered all the pioneers I have dealt with just had engine whine when the pico would blow not have less output. But I could be wrong been a while

Damn pico fuses, wtf!