CE Auto Electric Supply

Do you own a vehicle with 9005 high beam and 9006 low beam headlights at which you'd like to improve their performance? Check out our all new 9005 / 9006 Headlight Relay Kits! These plug and play kits are built to the very same standards as our H4, 9004, and 9007 headlight relay kits using OEM plugs, etc.

CLICK for more details and to order a kit for your vehicle! Remember, SMD Members get 10% off - just email (in the sig) your order and I can set you up for the discount.

9005_9006_Headlight_Relay_Kit_med.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Chances are that your DRL circuit uses PWM to reduce the brightness of the bulb. If that's the case, you can easily determine this with your DMM as it will display the average voltage at the bulb. If you have a quality DMM with a MIN/MAX scale (like a Fluke for example), measure the voltage at the bulb that's ON with the DRL circuit active. Then, use the MAX mode to measure the maximum voltage at the bulb. Say you measured like 10V with 14V maximum - then you know that PWM is employed here. That would mean that out kit is incompatible with your vehicle.

We don't deal in maybe's so pull out your DMM and let's find out.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

CEAES_468.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Pioneerchuck - what is the year and make of your truck? I've been doing a bit of research on this topic as of late and there are many vehicles that do in fact utilize resistors to reduce voltage to the low beams for the DRL circuit. This is a work around that I need to present a solution for generally speaking.

CEAES_468.gif

• 1 month later...

I see these in my Honda in the near future! Was looking at the Nokya kit a few months ago, but there's is not fused!

Edited by ludeman

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

• 1 month later...

Damn you tony. I just told myself ten minutes ago I wasn't going to get this kit because of the DRL's, and now you've got me hooked again :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1