Second Skin Audio

Hey guys, I'm trying to build a fourth order for 4 soundqubed hds200 15's. Need help because I've never built a box like this before and I want some input on what people think on what I've got so far. On the ported side I plan on giving the woofers 4.5 cubic ft each so in all a total of 18. And on the sealed side I plan on giving them 1.5 cubic ft each so a total of 6. I wanted to tune it to around 32 hz so for the port I plan making an 11x11 square port that's 3.25 deep. So give me some feed back on whether this sounds good or bad haha, thanks.

So first I've got some questions for you.

1. What is your motivation for using a bandpass box?

2. What vehicle is this going in?

3. What amp?

4. How did you determine your chamber sizes?

32 Hz is what you tune ported boxes to, its not appropriate for bandpass boxes, you want something more like 45-50 Hz.

132 sq in is not enough port area, you will want significantly more, how much power depends on how much power you will be running.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My main reason is that I wanna make these sub's beat as hard as I can and like Joe x said I want something different from people around here, and to power them I'm gonna use two soundqubed 1200.2 amps.

If you want something different, a 4th or 6th order bandpass aint it. Ported will always be around because it functions well and is easy to calulate and build.

4th and 6th order Bandpass and transmission line are being beat to death right now. If you want something different than the current fads then your gonna have to go the route of a horn loaded enclosure, passive radiator, infinite baffle, isobaric, or an 8th order bandpass.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

My main reason is that I wanna make these sub's beat as hard as I can and like Joe x said I want something different from people around here, and to power them I'm gonna use two soundqubed 1200.2 amps.

If you want something different, a 4th or 6th order bandpass aint it. Ported will always be around because it functions well and is easy to calulate and build.

4th and 6th order Bandpass and transmission line are being beat to death right now. If you want something different than the current fads then your gonna have to go the route of a horn loaded enclosure, passive radiator, infinite baffle, isobaric, or an 8th order bandpass.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

If you want to make those subs beat as hard as you can, stick with a ported box. When it comes to getting the most output out of the space a box take up, ported boxes are almost always the best.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you want to make those subs beat as hard as you can, stick with a ported box. When it comes to getting the most output out of the space a box take up, ported boxes are almost always the best.

Archived