Sundown Audio

Opti 4001D .5 ohm Dyno?

ShadeTreeMechanic

You bought the wrong opti amp... That's not the good one. The link I posted is the model that's is the nice 4000d amp..http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44045_Lanzar-OPTI4000D.html

Yeah I know but i wanted to do .5 ohm. Do any of them do rated power?
Ya the amp I posted is .5ohm and does ratedhttp://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lanzar-OPTI4000D-Optidrive-4000-Watt-Mono-Block-Digital-Amplifier-/262042387912?nav=SEARCH
That's the same exact place i bought mine. It shows the power rating of 4000W at 1 ohm? It doesn't say anything about .5 ohm and the 4001D shows rated power at .5 so i dont know.
Thanks for your input. Do you currently run the 4000D?

No I run an opti 250x4 and I'm going to be running a opti 500x2 to the 10s in my door soon. I love my opti 4ch.

Thanks, I looked at that amp for my fronts also but i got this instead.

IMG_20160108_093746_798_zpshrdgpogb.jpg

I based my decisions by reading all the reviews i could find and Sonicelectronics has the dyno vid on the same page so i went for it.

Do you know of any dyno vids for the Opti 4 channels?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shade tree can you take a pic of your amp guts? I would love to see inside that amp

Thanks for asking. Not yet, but when i recover my amp board i will for sure. I was too chicken to pull the back off of it until i was able to verify it wasn't DOA. My bench only has a 50A supply but the peak rating isnt much higer and sometimes big amps take a big surge when they power up.

Pioneer 80PRS

You bought the wrong opti amp... That's not the good one. The link I posted is the model that's is the nice 4000d amp..http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44045_Lanzar-OPTI4000D.html

Yeah I know but i wanted to do .5 ohm. Do any of them do rated power?
Ya the amp I posted is .5ohm and does ratedhttp://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Lanzar-OPTI4000D-Optidrive-4000-Watt-Mono-Block-Digital-Amplifier-/262042387912?nav=SEARCH
That's the same exact place i bought mine. It shows the power rating of 4000W at 1 ohm? It doesn't say anything about .5 ohm and the 4001D shows rated power at .5 so i dont know.
Thanks for your input. Do you currently run the 4000D?
No I run an opti 250x4 and I'm going to be running a opti 500x2 to the 10s in my door soon. I love my opti 4ch.

Thanks, I looked at that amp for my fronts also but i got this instead.IMG_20160108_093746_798_zpshrdgpogb.jpgI based my decisions by reading all the reviews i could find and Sonicelectronics has the dyno vid on the same page so i went for it.Do you know of any dyno vids for the Opti 4 channels?

Nope but I had a dc 175.4 in there before the opti and the opti was louder and sounded just as clean so I kept the opti and sold the Dc 175.4

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Thanks for your input Massivespl,

I noticed in your sig you have 4 18s and 4 10s? Are your 10s in your doors and might i ask how you have the 10s crossed over? I plan on doing 4 10s also. Thanks!

Pioneer 80PRS

just a question, do you think lanzar sales the most amplifiers in the world?

I dont know if they are in europe or not. I just tried their website and it is down. But I found http://www.lanzarpro.net/ instead.

This is what it says on their about tab:

We are an experienced company providing high quality and advanced audio technology solutions for our clients. Our team consists of professionals and technicians highly experienced in the electronics and car technology fields.

Ever since Lanzar Pro was established, we have been offering our clients the most recent and innovative audio technology available.

We currently distribute all our brands: Lanzar Pro, Lanzar One, Lanzar Vibe, and Pyramid officially in the US and in all throughout Latin America.

Mission

Our Mission at Lanzar Pro is to offer audio technology solutions and products that provide satisfaction and comfort to our clients. We also strive to offer the best customer and sales service to answer any product concern and detailed information for all our devices.

Vision

To become one of the audio technology providers in the US and Latin America with the highest customer service satisfaction and highest quality products.

Maybe the most amps in the Americas? If you look at their gear does it seem to be geared to the Latin America's style of SPL trucks with PA style systems all pointing out the back of the vehicle? They know how to get LOUD!! (somehow this comment is stuck in their format?)

Pioneer 80PRS

just a question, do you think lanzar sales the most amplifiers in the world?

I dont know if they are in europe or not. I just tried their website and it is down. But I found http://www.lanzarpro.net/ instead.

This is what it says on their about tab:

We are an experienced company providing high quality and advanced audio technology solutions for our clients. Our team consists of professionals and technicians highly experienced in the electronics and car technology fields.

Ever since Lanzar Pro was established, we have been offering our clients the most recent and innovative audio technology available.

We currently distribute all our brands: Lanzar Pro, Lanzar One, Lanzar Vibe, and Pyramid officially in the US and in all throughout Latin America.

Mission

Our Mission at Lanzar Pro is to offer audio technology solutions and products that provide satisfaction and comfort to our clients. We also strive to offer the best customer and sales service to answer any product concern and detailed information for all our devices.

Vision

To become one of the audio technology providers in the US and Latin America with the highest customer service satisfaction and highest quality products.

Maybe the most amps in the Americas? If you look at their gear does it seem to be geared to the Latin America's style of SPL trucks with PA style systems all pointing out the back of the vehicle? They know how to get LOUD!! (somehow this comment is stuck in their format?)

I hope you can see this i don't know what happened.

Pioneer 80PRS

they do have the really big 2 channels that i believe are 1 ohm stereo stable so you could potentially run a gang of bad sounding mids and highs...

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

they do have the really big 2 channels that i believe are 1 ohm stereo stable so you could potentially run a gang of bad sounding mids and highs...

That's what i was thinking. Inside the vehicle they would be too close to me. They would have to sound good up close. They might do good in a DJ setup.

Pioneer 80PRS

I noticed in your sig you have 4 18s and 4 10s? Are your 10s in your doors and might i ask how you have the 10s crossed over? I plan on doing 4 10s also. Thanks!

Yes there crescendo pwx 10s in my doors. Have them crossed at 100hz right meow

c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music

2 crossfire 8k

4 NSV3 18s

4 crescendo 10s

4 Rockford pro 6.5s

Quad excessive amperage 350alts

4 juicebox 3100s

Yes there crescendo pwx 10s in my doors. Have them crossed at 100hz right meow

Cool so that would be 100hz high pass?

Pioneer 80PRS

Archived