Sonic Electronix

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MY ORIGINAL THOUGHT WAS THAT IF ITS THICK AND HARD, THAT IT WOULD STAND UP

If I wasn't on my phone I might sig that

I did not see that till now LMAO...... That is not what I meant... I meant that when vibra-flex cools down it gets stiff like plastic and I thought that it might help my roof

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

I think most deadeners do bend and curve. They just need to be warm to do it.

You are correct. I should've said.. Most thick deadners that I have tried dont get into every little nook and they look like shit if you cramp them in there.. So does Vibra-Flex get into little nooks like they say it does

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Any deadener will become flexible enough to bend with a heat gun. I'd still use one even in the summer personally. It'll be much more malleable with 700-1000 degrees of heat vs the 100+ of a hot summer in the southwest

Any deadener will become flexible enough to bend with a heat gun. I'd still use one even in the summer personally. It'll be much more malleable with 700-1000 degrees of heat vs the 100+ of a hot summer in the southwest

I hear you there but Im not trying to wear a welders suit to put in sound deadner lol, I just want the shit to get in the cornrt like I tell it to

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

I hear you there but Im not trying to wear a welders suit to put in sound deadner lol, I just want the shit to get in the cornrt like I tell it to

You won't need a suit. Just don't put your hand in front of the gun. Heat of the deadener, turn the gun off, then form it where you need it to lay

Heat gun and a roller will do what you need.

A multi pack of rollers I mean.

SO THE QUESTION IS...... (FOR THE EXPERTS) WOULD VIBRA-FLEX WORK BETTER THAN 120MIL DEADNER FOR STOPPING FLEX AND VIBRATION ON MY ROOF

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

SO THE QUESTION IS...... (FOR THE EXPERTS) WOULD VIBRA-FLEX WORK BETTER THAN 120MIL DEADNER FOR STOPPING FLEX AND VIBRATION ON MY ROOF

BRACE YOUR ROOF!!! not sure how much flex you have but if its really flexing then brace it.... deadener can only do so much... also I've not read all the response but Don @SDS has great product which I've used in several vehicles... makes any car luxury and quiet... oh and stops the rattling too

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

BRACE YOUR ROOF!!! not sure how much flex you have but if its really flexing then brace it.... deadener can only do so much... also I've not read all the response but Don @SDS has great product which I've used in several vehicles... makes any car luxury and quiet... oh and stops the rattling too

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

SEE NOW THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR.... OTHER IDEALS..... THANK YOU I WILL READ UP ON THIS BUT HAD A QUICK LOOK AND DONT THINK THIS IS ANY DIFFERENT THEN THE SECOND SKIN STUFF I USE

2001 Ford Expedition

2 SA 12's

Crescendo 2000

M.E.C.A. 141.4 DB

Archived