Sonic Electronix

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just buy an amp with way more power than is needed and don't turn the gain up at all, problem solved.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

LOL, you are a dick. You kno what would be a good test? Run A system tuned by the old standards, test it for sq and spl, then retune the system "using the correct way" and seeing if there is an audible difference and or spl increase. How much of a difference would prove how much you actually need some fancy tools vs having a pair of fancy ears.

are you telling me someone who doesn't know how a gain works can set things by ear?? I'm the dick for telling a guy who doesn't know how to do something that there are tools out there to help keep from ruining equipment? My bad then.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

LOL, you are a dick. You kno what would be a good test? Run A system tuned by the old standards, test it for sq and spl, then retune the system "using the correct way" and seeing if there is an audible difference and or spl increase. How much of a difference would prove how much you actually need some fancy tools vs having a pair of fancy ears.

The tools are legit and useful to lots of people, me I've never used one and I have yet to burn up any gear.

I will however be buying a dd-1 for my upcoming install, I'm going active and I'd rather not smoke the most expensive gear I've ever had by not knowing where exactly the max clean setting is even though I'll likely not leave it set to the max, less gain is always better.

The tool is is less than half the price of the tweeters I'll be running so it's a small price to pay for piece of mind.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

instead of tuning by ear why not just set our subs on fire so we can physically see em burning up? no? just me?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine.

To corey,I havent,b/c I'm not a f.b. member yet,never could get into the f.b. scene, from what I've seen,there's a lot Goin on w/ it

Use imgur, it couldn't be simpler.

You'll want to copy the bbcode and paste it here after you upload your pics.

Didn't offend me at all. Just reasoning why you got some of the reactions you did.

And I was defending you getting your box done in 10 hours. Bare, simple, square-ish box should only take a couple hours from measuring to playing.

Static drops are my bag.

Mrskippyj,I appreciate that answer,I'll Def look into gettin tuned the rite way from here on out.thnx

Please do man, you might find out you have more to get out of the equipment than you thought. Or you might find out you are pushing stuff too much and can save some equipment from blowing.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived