Window Tinting - Tricks, Tips, & Dont's

Clif

I am thinking of doing my truck in a month or two, whenever I decide to buy the tint, haha.

Anyways GA law is %32 all the way around except for the front which is the strip. Anyways I am thinking of 20%. Anyone have some pictures with 20% installed? Up close pics also?

Thanks

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got 35% on my front 2 windows and 5% on the back 2 and none on the windshield if you want.

Posted Image

Another without so much glare.

Posted Image

The System In Progress

Headunit: Pioneer DEH5800MP

Sub: DC Sound Lab Level 4 15" D2

Box: 4 cubes at 33Hz

Sub Amp: Cadence Z1200

Front Stage: PG RSD5cs

Rear Stage: Pioneer TSA6991R (Temporary)

Front and Rear Amp: Cadence TXA3004 (FS) (Looking)

Wiring: XScorpion, American Bass, Stinger Custom Pro 4 Gauge

• 1 month later...

So I dont think i seen anything on here but I was thinking about starting a thread on Window Tinting...

I have done a few cars myself and each one i do turns out better and better.

Just had a question.

I have always put the tint on the inside of the window, but the other day saw someone do it on the outside of the window....

Why would you want to put tint on the outside window? or are you even suposed to?

first i have heard about puting it on the outside i have had a few cars of mine done all on the in side my last one was 2% all the way around on a 89 town car all white with 20s spokes my bro has it now to hot for me with the cop now i got a all blacked out 95 town car fixin to tint

95 towncar

1 1800 kinetik under the hood 1 2400 in trunk

1fi 18 btl fully loaded in a 9.75 cu.ft box tuned at 28htz

eclipse 30d head unit

4 re 6x9

4 super tweets

2 clarion dpx11500 on sub over 3000 watts

1 directed 200 on tweets

1 alc 1200 on 4 6x9

8000k hids

candy blue pant by alex the great

24" but not on car yet tranny went out

lambo kit

5 2400 kinetik comeing soon

4 more dpx11500 comeing soon

2 more 18" fi btl fully loaded with a wall

all work done at my shop RAZORS EDGE AUDIO

• 4 months later...

I had double 5 all around my car but the cops stopped me and were gonna give me a ticket till I took out a razor and just cut it off the front 2 windows hahaha I bet he had a story when he went back to the station. Now I just got the 35 up front and double 5 on the back windows.

As for installing it's just patience and cannot stress how important it is that there is not a speck of dust or dirt on the window.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I have the stock tint on the rears and 20% on the two fronts, and a 6in-5% strip on the winshield.

TIP: Dont use credit cards or ID's as a squeegy it will scratch the tint.

Taking the door pannel off will make it alot easier too.

Just my .02

• 1 month later...

use a bar of ivory soap in a rag wet it and apply to a clean back window to shrink way easier than baby powder or a dryer sheet. oh a use good film its a must try lots of tools (hard cards squeeges)cut em up you never know what might come in handy one day paper towels are good for wrapping around hard cards so you dont scratch the film when you lay down your edges and they soak up water when busting down fingers across the bottom but good film usually has a good anti-scratch coat in the first place. dont buy expensive heat guns i pick up cheap ones that work like a charm and they get real hot with plenty of flow for usually less than $20 they last 6-8 months used the snap-on 120+ ones and they died in no time.some people like baby shampoo i like lemon joy use the green body tape to cover the fuzzy seals on the vertical edges helps keep it clean if you have a rubber seal use a wet rag to wipe them out will make a lot of difference in the cleanliness

• 3 months later...

hey im gettin gready to install the window tinting on my car (2008 mustang gt) does anybody know if ther is factory window tiniting on the car i dont believe that there is and if ther eis do i need to remove it or can i just tint over it?

One other question on tinting my back window can i do that inside too or does it have to go on the outside because of the defrost power lines that go through it??

Archived