I still remember back in the day when people were like.... fosgate just got a new designer on the amp team and he is bad ass.... the punch amps are going to be making some changes and stomping everyone.... pretty sure in hind sight who that was now.... please tell me it was you!.... what year did you join roockford?

I started at RF in production engineering in 2000, moved into design engineering in 2001 working on Hafler and Fosgate Audionics products. Some OEM stuff for Nissan too. Started Designing RF car audio products in 2002

thats about the time I built my first system where I pulled out all the stops and went all in.... 4 punch DVC's 12's, 2 punch 250a2's and 2 punch 800a2's.... mid year 2000.... had about 6k into that truck with a blow through

Awesome thread Tony!

It's great that you even point out your troubles getting the design to work.

True innovators can admit their issues and show how they've overcome them.

I'll be linking this thread to all the dumbass comments from people on why your products aren't dirt cheap because they're used to cheap Walmart garbage.

I'm in consumer electronics so I'm fully aware what it takes to bring a design to production.

It can take a large company months and months to realize a design so the fact that your small group can pull of results like this is truly inspiring.

Moar pics! And keep it up :good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Many, many late nights later I am ready to send the files off to the PCB house and order all the components to build one. Now that this PCB is done, I get to do it all over again for the right hand PCB. No there is no magic button I can press to tell my software to do the opposite of the whole board for the other side. If you try that it will reverse all of the "footprints" for the components and when you build it every part will be in backwards and some of them can't go on the board any other way. Ask me how I know this.... $600 down the drain. Eventually I had to make the right hand board from scratch like the left hand one.

I know that feeling..

These amps look very very promising.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This is pretty awesome seeing the amp go from thought to production. I used to work in the engineering and testing department for a company that produced telephony equipment so I have done my fair share of testing (and also repairing what the engineers break lol.) I also worked in vending/amusement repair so we got to play with a ton of high current MOSFETS/Transistors etc.

Have you thought about using: http://www.bergquistcompany.com/thermal_materials/hi_flow/hi-flow-300P.htm, It is phase change like you were using before but is made for high current applications. I bet the ceramic is a nice material but I have my doubts that on a microscopic level that it is maintaining complete contact with a porous material such as Al..

You need to get Magic Juan some magic tools!

Looks like he will need a solder fume extractor (solder fumes are not good to keep breathing in and need to be evacuated for employee health)

Get that man a hot air rework station and solder paste for SMD work! You will find his solder joints improve exponentially

He needs a tip cleaner/tip tinner too for the soldering iron and a new tip!

A raise lol. :)

Awesome work.

How much do one of your amps run for either home or car audio?

Its great to see the best high end audio being made in America! It would be cool if you could put made in U.S.A. on it somewhere!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)