XS Power

many alternators charge at 13v.. my singer did too the only difference is that it held 13v with a load.. check connections and amp gain.. on my expo i would drop to 11v with a mechman that does 240a at idle set at 13.8v. set the gains with DD-1 and it was fixed..

Well the shop supposedly tuned and set everything with the 3sixty.3 but i can still set the gain on the amp with the dd1?

Most shops are notorious for doing things half assed or just flat out wrong.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

many alternators charge at 13v.. my singer did too the only difference is that it held 13v with a load.. check connections and amp gain.. on my expo i would drop to 11v with a mechman that does 240a at idle set at 13.8v. set the gains with DD-1 and it was fixed..

Well the shop supposedly tuned and set everything with the 3sixty.3 but i can still set the gain on the amp with the dd1?
Most shops are notorious for doing things half assed or just flat out wrong.

Yea, im not a total noobie at this but i wish there was somewhere reliable in my area that i could go to that would actually know what thier doing..it would be cool if rockford could have thier own ppl who kno thier products to install things themselves

13.6-13.8 yes. Less than that, no. No vehicle on a standard 12v electrical system will charge that low. the only reason for voltage to read lower than that all of the time is the alternator isn't charging at the voltage it should be.

510? are you in the bayarea?

yea you probably have a loose connection somewhere or a bad alt... with your voltmeter ground your negative lead (battery, or frame of car, bare metal) and with your positive lead directly to your positive output stud in the alternator while the car is ruining and that will narrow down whats going on, then post results here..

guys i found his alt it has to charge at 14.4..

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Nissan~Altima~2010~2.5L-I4-QR25DE/11258-320-spx-i.html

you guys dont even know what car he has or if the voltage is controlled by the ecm so how can you assume the alternator is bad.. first you trouble shoot then conclude whats wrong.. do you even know how he is getting his voltage reading? do you know if its accurate? anything above battery resting voltage is an indication the alternator is charging.. again check connections and amp gain..

you guys dont even know what car he has or if the voltage is controlled by the ecm so how can you assume the alternator is bad.. first you trouble shoot then conclude whats wrong.. do you even know how he is getting his voltage reading? do you know if its accurate? anything above battery resting voltage is an indication the alternator is charging.. again check connections and amp gain..

"Its a 2010 nissan altima, but i have a dc power h/o alternator 320 amp..i remembered when i had the yellow top inatalled i didnt charge it so could it be that if that battery is not at its full potential that its not allowing anything more than 13.2 volts, because thats what im at on idle"

test your batteries.. check what is the resting voltage then check the drop when you start the car.. if it drops to 9v then you have a bad battery

you shouldnt talk before knowing.. i have ran DC alts.. and there is a person i got one from that he can prove i have DC alts. im also not new to alternators.. i have swapped in and wired alts to my cars even before being a member in this forum.. the ones you have had are not the one the OP has.. i know the ones i had have ran at 15.2 and drop to 14.8 but not ecm controlled. not all alternators and vehicles are the same. also not all DMM are accurate.. i have a high end one that reads one thing and a $20 one and the readings are way off.. my high dollar one matches with the smd meter and xs power meter the cheapy one matches with none

go ahead and ask kevin from cnf who got his a DC alternator when he got 8 xs power d3100 from him.. then go ask broke audio who bought his dc power alternators

Edited by Miguels