Dd1 on mids and highs?

Try it out. Don't go hammering on it right off though. Slowly turn it up after setting with the -5dB and listen for any popping, distorting, smells. Make sure sub-bass is off so you can really concentrate on what the mids and tweets are doing. But all in all, I think you should be good to go.

You may have mentioned it already, but are you doing active or passive?

passive

Try it out. Don't go hammering on it right off though. Slowly turn it up after setting with the -5dB and listen for any popping, distorting, smells. Make sure sub-bass is off so you can really concentrate on what the mids and tweets are doing. But all in all, I think you should be good to go.

You may have mentioned it already, but are you doing active or passive?

passive
ok. I think you'll be fine personally, but as I suggested, listen to music without the sub(s) playing (assuming you have a sub stage) after setting the gain, and dial it down as needed. Without seeing the actual power coming out of the amp, it's hard to say if you'll be over powering the mids/highs and the crossover that came with them. I'm unsure of the power ratings of your amp and those components

• 2 weeks later...

I have a rockford p300x2 running a pair of infinity kappa tweeters that say 50 watt rms and a pair of pioneer ts-D1730C 60 watt rms soon to be sundown sa 6.5csv2 .. with the dd1 currently would I be ok with the -5db track?

it sounds like your amp is slightly too big for those mids/highs. That 300x2 is probably doing 400 watts. Get the proper sized amp or use the -5 to start with and back it down a little bit. I wouldn't use the 0db track. Personally, something like a -2 or -3 overlamp would be perfect for those IMO.
been running this week at -2.5db thinking about trying the -5db now the sundowns should handle it is hope. I still have the kappas on each channel also running passive on the infinity crossovers. So total rms handling should be close to 200 watt per channel I believe.

Earlier in the thread someone told you to run full range.

In my opinion that was bad advice.right now I have the hpf on my hend unit at 100hz it has a 12db slope.

You should absolutely have a high pass filter set on your components. Otherwise you will destroy them by trying to play too low.

right now I have the hpf on my hend unit at 100hz it has a 12db slope. Edited by tbeats
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1