for daily non compitition systems CCA is all that most people will ever need... I run SHCA cca 4awg with a system around 1500rms.... aluminum melts at a much lower temp than copper and is one metal lower on the continuity chart, if the main run is not 30ft long many tests have been done where the power losses were neglidgible vs the money saved... knu is a quality brand and many people run it.....for the price of skyhigh 4awg cca that is all that i run....25ft for $20 and I even rewired my fathers 36vdc golfcart with the stuff and its never failed or given any problems "stock wires were copper 8awg" .... buss bars and amp reducers are usually in aluminum also and when you think about it steel is much worse than aluminum and this is a large part of your gound path.... I feel unless you are doing a full ground run in OFC then CCA will still not be a bottle neck as the frame will be the weak link even more in a uni-body car with some of the shit steel alloys being used .... if you have the money then run 1/0 OFC "personally I avoid welding cable" just for the fact its not a car audio brand... I took my 4awg to work and put the callipers on it and it was more like 2-3awg wire and have never had any problems with the rubber compisition with weather, heat,salt or anyother real world wear and tear....my main run is the same peice of wire I was using on my last 3 cars and is pushing 5 years old now

On my first system I used some low grade 4awg "bullzaudio" cca. I never had a problem with it. It did eventually dry out and cracked in 2 pieces. I had a cheap autotek mean machine 4000.1 hooked up and never had a problem. From what I researched that amp put out roughly 1200rms no where near factory rating but non the less I never had a problem with it.

Archived