2/0 Welding Cable - Special (Jan 25th-29th) $1.60ft

1/0 lugs will work

yea, but 2/0 copper lugs fit perfectly.

2/0 lugs from sky high would've been way too big for the 2/0 cable I got from welding supply.....the EB does look like it's a little bigger but I was assuming it was just the jacket.....I'll have to check tonight but that's what I was going off of.

I personally hate the sky high lugs with a passion. I prefer standard AWG silver tinned copper. This is EB 2/0 with a 2/0 lug.

24988181775_b4a42cd524_z.jpg

and i just use these.... 9.99 a pop. Clear cover doesnt fit on due to the wire but if they are secured down in a proper location.... they don't need it.

I want my cables to look badass like that. What size die did you use? What brand of lugs?

1/0 lugs will work

2/0 lugs from sky high would've been way too big for the 2/0 cable I got from welding supply.....the EB does look like it's a little bigger but I was assuming it was just the jacket.....I'll have to check tonight but that's what I was going off of.
I personally hate the sky high lugs with a passion. I prefer standard AWG silver tinned copper. This is EB 2/0 with a 2/0 lug.

and i just use these.... 9.99 a pop. Clear cover doesnt fit on due to the wire but if they are secured down in a proper location.... they don't need it.

I want my cables to look badass like that. What size die did you use? What brand of lugs?

70mm^2 die i think is what i used. Lug isnt a specific brand, just look for lugs in 2/0 AWG size with a 3/8" eyelet.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

1/0 lugs will work

70mm^2 die i think is what i used. Lug isnt a specific brand, just look for lugs in 2/0 AWG size with a 3/8" eyelet.[/quote

Awesome. Thanks. Seems logical that a 70 mm^2 die would work for what amounts to 67.4 mm^2 of solid copper. Interesting also to find out that AWG is referring to the equivilant cross sectional area in solid copper and that finely stranded wire will be bigger due to the tiny space between the wires. I was really confused about car audio cable being bigger than standard AWG until I found that out.

1/0 lugs will work

I guess what I'm getting at is I don't want to have to use 2/0 fuse holders at $60 a pop. The 1/0 fuse holders are what I want to use.

Just trim the 2/0 lugs slightly so they fit?

I was thinking the same thing, but was thinking maybe use a dremel on the inside of the plastic fuse cover to make it fit so I don't lose any copper.. Unless of course that turns out to be a stupid idea. Then I'll probably do it anyway.

Archived