I live in the wrong damn state, I need to come to the land of cheap ls motors.

come to tejas, we can put a turbo 5.3 in the srt4

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Leave the beater alone, build a race car.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

• 10 months later...

Sorry I read this as 4.8 to 5.7 thinking you had a newer truck so I had to edit my post. Honestly I wouldn't spend the money building a 4.3 and would go with a newer LS style low mile 5.3L pullout for cheap and add a custom grind toque cam and some low rear end gears. I think you would be happy with this jump in power and would be cheaper than trying to build up a 4.3 v6 and 5.7's cost a premium.I would probably just go ahead and get a 6.0 pullout instead of a 5.7 but you're talking a good bit of money over what a 5.3L would cost you. Unless you really have some money to blow then the 5.3 is a good compromise in cost for performance especially if you're willing to do a few mods to it. This is unless you're really trying to build a hot rod and have a large budget and then I would be looking into building a nasty NA 6.0 or turbo 5.3L but you're talking about some serious money for a setup like this and all the supporting mods that you would need to go with it.

Archived