bad seller on ebay

Plus i can show that the item never left my living room table plus repackaged there all of it on camera.I shouldn't of said bad seller because he might make it right.I should of waited until i found out what he is going to do.

yes and nasa has a video of people walking on the moon.... what is the true point to this video....and when we going to get to watch it... lol

Edited by MotorCityFats13

Hook the damn thing up and see exactly what is wrong with it, power each coil alone and see if there is a problem.

I'm curious why there was suspicion in the first place to go through all this work. Most of us would have installed it, and THEN if it exhibited problems, uninstalled to investigate.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

aye, I hooked my ebay sub up in no box to an amp, sound came out so fuck it, it works. I never checked the ohm reading lol

04trailblazer

XS d3400

XS xp3000

Pioneer 80prs

2 pairs of DD AW6.5 mids

2 pairs of DD AT28 tweeters

DD SS4A

DD M1D

DD 3518sc in custom kerf port box

2 runs Tspec 0/1 wire

maybe the OP was trying to make a sweet unboxing video and it went bad.... i know a guy that bought a 15" XL and one coil reads 2 ohm and the other read 4 ohm right out of the box the very first thing I did when my lvl 3 showed up was open box and grab my DMM both coils read 2 ohm... I always tell people to test the coils first because if you install it and then later find out lots of companys will say you burnt them.... I still think the story is a little fishy because he never sent it back after talking to DC and the site he bought it from..... I would think they test everything before DC sends it out but I could be wrong

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

maybe the OP was trying to make a sweet unboxing video and it went bad.... i know a guy that bought a 15" XL and one coil reads 2 ohm and the other read 4 ohm right out of the box the very first thing I did when my lvl 3 showed up was open box and grab my DMM both coils read 2 ohm... I always tell people to test the coils first because if you install it and then later find out lots of companys will say you burnt them.... I still think the story is a little fishy because he never sent it back after talking to DC and the site he bought it from..... I would think they test everything before DC sends it out but I could be wrong

I always check resistance. How do you know what the amp is seeing? People can fuck up putting the wrong sub in the wrong box or wrong coil in the sub. I saw where someone had a sub that had a motor that wasn't magnetized so now I check to see if a crew driver sticks to the motor.

I call it smart. He should have gotten with the seller first because now the seller may have a dispute on his account and he never had a chance to fix it before it looked like he was being accused of ripping someone off. Now he knows the right way to sort out an issue without making everything so fucking hard next time...

I agree about covering your bases when you buy gear online. I also see how OP's steps of unboxing and recording could look suspicious, but what does he have to gain by posting the whole story here? We cannot influence eBay in resolving this dispute, and I'm sure very few buyers will come across this thread before purchasing from this specific seller.

When I typically sell something of high value online, or even when I shipped my saz4500s to someone that needed loaner amps multiple times I took full unedited video of packaging said items, including the time, date serial numbers etc to cover my ass just in case something would happen.

So I wouldnt really say its suspicious, especially when you have a hard time trusting people...

Hell, even a friend that I gave my dd-1 too so a fellow moderator could borrow it trashed it and then tried blaming it on said moderator here.

At first I thought it was said moderator who trashed it but after speaking with several people all saying he took great care of it for the 20minutes he used it I found out that it was my local buddy that was letting numerous people use it, had it laying on the floor out of the box where people stepped on it. Even in some videos of world finals you could see it on the ground as well...

I dont know what pissed me off worse a friend not being a friend, or me accusing someone wrongfully :(

So yea. I see no problem in recording something to save your ass!