WARNING windows is auto updating to windows 10

i love windows and have been running every one of them since Win 3.1

Never had a problem with any of them. Since i have always been a PC gamer, my machines have been 10x more complicated than the next (average) guy for as long as i can remember. I have always built my own and i am not even a computer expert by any means. I have a hard time understanding why some of you with BASSIC machines have so many issues. Stop looking at all that pron or something? Maybe not click on the pop up ad that says "Free playstation if you click here"? :unknw:

almost 100% of any problems i have had in the past has been hardware (something going bad). Never windows fault. Other than maybe a driver not being compatible and that is usually something that is patched up soon if it happens.

I don't know about windows 10 auto-updating though i don't think i would be down for that....but i do love windows 10 that i installed on my own free will. Best so far IMO!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Could be because of all the bloatware that the manufacturers throw on the new laptops and stuff nowadays. My buddy did a wipe/fresh install on a brand new laptop and there was a huge difference from when it came out of the box to afterwords.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I still need to do it, but I also need to go through my external HDD and clean that up first so I can back my laptop up before the update.

definitely backup first incase something fucks up. But spend the extra time to do a fresh install if you can. Also might be a good time to upgrade your laptop to a SSD.

After you upgrade, microsoft will mark your laptop as "windows 10 activated" so you can reinstall on that machine at will without having to put in a key. After you upgrade, maybe remove your old drive, pop in a new fresh SSD and do an install from scratch. SSD is about the best upgrade to a laptop you can do.

got a ssd and the 500gb hard drive was converted to external storage

So I keep getting the annoying notice to udate. Running win 7 pro 64bit. Is it worth it to upgrade? I do alot of CAD work and I just want to make sure they programs aren't going to fail me if I upgrade. I'm running a Sager Notebook with i7, 16gb ram, 1tb HDD and nvidia quadro k1000m will I see a benefit? And how would I do a fresh install without losing everything else on it? I need a step by step instruction on how to do it if it's worth it. Pm me if you don't want to clutter the thread.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

You have to do the upgrade first. After upgrade you computers hardware is registered for windows 10. Then you can do a wipe and clean install.

How do you do a clean install though? I've only done a from scratch install one time

Other than that never messed with it. Just trying to decide how hard this will be for me to do before I try anything. If I don't do a clean install is it worth it? Just upgrade? My laptop is pretty free of bloatware anyways.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

So I should go ahead and update? Is it alot different from win7? Just updating, do you get the options on what to install? I won't do a clean install as I don't have bloatware to start with so I should be ok on that aspect.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment: