Incriminator Audio

Introduction to Incriminator Audio

First off, my name is Nick Wright and I'm the owner of Incriminator Audio. I would like to say it is great to be here and it's been a very long time coming. I personally love the fact that all of you are enthusiast about car audio. It makes me feel right at home.

Second, some of you might not know the background of Incriminator Audio and how it all started. For fun one year two friends and I went to SBN. Randomly I met Paul Nelson who was an Extreme 2 competitor. He was having a lot of issues keeping his subwoofers together that year. So I volunteered to help, I guess in Paul's mind he had nothing to lose. Luckily with my recone methods and MacGyver skills I pieced together a set of recones that helped Paul put up a huge 173. I said to Paul joking "Man, any retard can do this and make it work, so why don't they?" and he flat out said "Why don't you then, Mr. Fix it?" and me being me said I will to which a bet was made.

We left that show and I thought I will show him someday. Five months later I'm riding in the car and a few of us are talking and someone just blurts out Incriminator. In response to my comment of it can't be a a real word. I had the idea it had to be something that people couldn't easily spell so it didn't need to be a real word, as I wanted it to be unique. A month or so later we are in a college history class and I can't get it out of my head. It was like Paul's words were mocking me. I passed a note to my friend Josh, who was just as bored as I was. He started drawing logo's, he drew several, all of them were very close and finally by the end of class it was decided here is the logo we will use. I stuck the logo in my book and walked to my next class.

Several months later I was in a car wreck and I was laid up for about 4 weeks. Nothing too serious just me in my bed all day watching TV trying to be as still as possible so I could heal and move on. During that time Paul's words keep coming back to me. His challenge wouldn't go away. I gritted my teeth and said now is the time to get to work. The only problem is....I know nothing about car audio..... Sure I did those recones, but that was easy as I had something to work with and used a little common sense. Starting with nothing was going to be much harder.

By the end of 2002 the DP was born and we never looked back. I won! The method of we will find a way was adopted and we pushed forward. To this day I still talk to Paul and I let him know it's all his fault. Paul just laughs at the idea and is just as in love with car audio now as he was then. Sometimes I wonder if I hadn't randomly met Paul how things would be different. The list would be long and hard to believe. For example: I would have never meet my wife. As I met her through a friend that helped me machine the very first Warden before neo was even thought about like it is today. I would have never meet Scottie Johnson who I sponsored and I would like to think I helped in a tiny way in his process of getting XS Power to where it is today. I'm still good friends with him to this day, one of the best guys you will ever meet. I would have never meet <insert random name>............... The list is tireless. Thanks Paul.

Third, if you are interested in our products feel free to contact Showtime Electronics, as they are an authorized online dealer for us. We have many more but these guys are the only ones on SMD and we would ask you to support them!

Fourth, I will do my best to drop in and keep you guys posted on all of the new products we are working on and plan to offer for 2016. Feel free to ask anytime.

Fifth, we get a lot of people asking about gear (shirts, hats, etc) and logo's and such. You can buy all of our gear directly from our website under the Product, Gear section. If you need EPS files to make stickers for your car and such just send Tricia an email [email protected] and she will assist you in that.

Lastly, feel free to ask or post anything. Or if you want shoot me an email directly - [email protected]

Thanks,

Nick

• Like (+1 Rep) 14

468x60.jpg

Lastly, feel free to ask or post anything.

Through my personal car audio researching before a purchase

I have noticed that IA is a bit more expensive than the majority of highend car audio

Can you educate me as to why your products are more expensive than your competitors?

By competitors I mean those other brands that are common in the SPL lanes.

I understand overhead costs and a million other variables that could cause you to price your catalog as such

but I am hoping there is a technical answer.

I have seen green on your amp boards where others use standard copper color, can you explain this green material and why you prefer it?

for example the IA 20.1

IA-201-002-1.jpg

Thanks and sorry if these questions are not what you expected but you said ask anything and I wonder these lol.

- No problem! If you look at other companies on SMD for example I believe you will notice our prices are in-line or close. The IA20.1 is $769 for a 2400 watt rated amp. For example Sundown Audio has a 2000D for $559 and there 3000D is $859 - so the average would be around $710's in middle and I would put the IA20.1 a little above that. So judging from that perspective I believe we are close to market pricing.

- Another thing is the size of these amps - our goals for the compact amps are to be as small as possible. Our amps tend to me at least 1" narrow than most amps of the same size.

- Our IA20.1 is 19 volt stable - so it can be ran at much higher voltages - and it will produce around 3600 watts at 16 volts. So you would need to really think of it was a 3500D in those situations.

- It can also mirror to another amp as well as strap or do a combination of the two and has for the last 3 years.

- Our reputation is very strong and therefore our amps hold there value better and are extremely durable. As our products have been in the market place for roughly 14 years.

When you take into account all of that I believe in my eyes are amps are at value at worse case or even under market value. What do you think?

Edited by Incriminator
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

468x60.jpg

Good story nick. Funny how it all starts so small and next thing you know you're your own boss

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

:WELCOME:

I look forward to many great things from your company Nick!

:hi:

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt