what is desirable in a subwoofer ?

I have a 1999 dodge ram 1500 "quad cab" running two 15" subs on a 1500 watt RMS amp. Box is 6.6 cubic feet tuned to 35 hz. I wanna do a new build this year but i need to know what to look for in a subwoofer small thiel parameters for "ground pounding" this is gonna be a budget build of three or four 15" woofers my contenders are soundqubed hds315 ct sounds hydra 15 or sundown sa15. Which sub is more "desireable" for 20-50 hz range ? Or what do i need to look for in a subwoofer to play deep low hard hitting bass ?

The sub that best fits your space requirements is first. Then match power after. Installation matters quite a bit more than product

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

The sub that best fits your space requirements is first. Then match power after. Installation matters quite a bit more than product

X2

You are starting from the wrong direction, determine size available and power you can afford to provide and then look for subs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So measure my avalabile back area for the box build and build around that space ? My current box is a few inches under my rear window i can stack another 6f3 box on top of it, i wanna do a wall build. Depending on subwoofers wil determin my amp power. The SA says 600 watt RMS (i hear they are good for 1k RMS) the hds are rated 1200 but most people throw 1500 rms no problem and the ct sound hydra say 600 watts but i havent heard anyone running that model.... I think the soundqubed is my best bet ? I have roughly 13 cubic feet of room to work with in the back...

As far as power goes i can save up up for an amp if i run 4 SA i need a 2500-3000 watt amp or if i run 4 HDS i need 4500-5000 watt amp. A few thousand watts RMS different if im basing off what the sub needs thats why i was trying to see what i need to look for in the small thiele parameters so i can get an idea what to look at between the sub build specs of the brands. Ive only been into this hobby for about 5 years at most so im still learning. This new build will include two batteries in the bed of my truck and upgraded ALT (factory is only 136 amp)

Archived