Breaking point and metering

I plan to go big with my truck but I got to thinking at what point do vehicles start falling apart

(Not a great example because of the diffrences in systems but it illustrates my point)for example exo's rig seems to be held together with drywall screws and jb weld where meads rig seems like its all good (unless he's not showing it but it seems like he would)

I understand it depends on the car but in general what have y'all found

My other question is how accurate are the android store db meters (I know they arnt perfect but I want to use it as a comparing device pre upgrades and after upgrades) I don't have a way to test but if someone has a way to test the info would be appreciated

Some people are straight hacks when it comes to building and installing, while others take their time get the right materials for the job so an issue never arises.

Its all about taking the proper measures in doing your install correctly and not rushing it to get the job done right so you dont have things falling apart, and looking ghetto.

Like if your going to paint your door panels take the window switches off before painting the panel. Instead lets just paint over everything then take a paint marker and draw up and down arrows on the switch (same goes for the heater knobs). Or all the fiberglass work that is cracking on the wall trim panels because it wasnt done properly, or the silicone piled and gobbed up on the a-pillars to hold them in place.

Of coarse a loud vehicle will have stuff break every now and then, but it comes down to how you fix it. Do you fix it properly so that it looks good even though a plastic clip may break again in a few years, or do you just bust out some silicon and rub it anywhere and everywhere so that it has no chance of breaking but becomes a huge eyesore...

As for android and apple type db meters, they are not accurate at all.

They work off your phones diaphragm style mic and not an actual pressure sensor.
The phones microphone will have a limit where it no longer picks up the audible signal at one point or another, often times its a lot lower than the stereo often is.

You can make these phone meters max out with just vocals playing and no bass, then you turn up the bass and the reading remains the same (even when it shouldn't be).

The same goes for those little 3.5mm mics that plug into your phone.
Anytime a diaphragm style mic is used it rather inconsistent for measuring spl from subwoofers.

Some people are straight hacks when it comes to building and installing, while others take their time get the right materials for the job so an issue never arises.

Its all about taking the proper measures in doing your install correctly and not rushing it to get the job done right so you dont have things falling apart, and looking ghetto.

Like if your going to paint your door panels take the window switches off before painting the panel. Instead lets just paint over everything then take a paint marker and draw up and down arrows on the switch (same goes for the heater knobs). Or all the fiberglass work that is cracking on the wall trim panels because it wasnt done properly, or the silicone piled and gobbed up on the a-pillars to hold them in place.

Of coarse a loud vehicle will have stuff break every now and then, but it comes down to how you fix it. Do you fix it properly so that it looks good even though a plastic clip may break again in a few years, or do you just bust out some silicon and rub it anywhere and everywhere so that it has no chance of breaking but becomes a huge eyesore...

As for android and apple type db meters, they are not accurate at all.

They work off your phones diaphragm style mic and not an actual pressure sensor.

The phones microphone will have a limit where it no longer picks up the audible signal at one point or another, often times its a lot lower than the stereo often is.

You can make these phone meters max out with just vocals playing and no bass, then you turn up the bass and the reading remains the same (even when it shouldn't be).

The same goes for those little 3.5mm mics that plug into your phone.

Anytime a diaphragm style mic is used it rather inconsistent for measuring spl from subwoofers.

Thanks for the answers but I may not have been clear on my first question

I understand "fix it right fix it once" I'm more asking about for example roof braces in suv's breaking/disconnecting from the roof or rear view mirror coming off the windshield that sort of thing

(To clarify this is not to set a goal to make this happen this is quite the opposite its to make sure if these things are possible with my planned system I can prepare and prevent them)

Archived