PLEASE HELP! Did big 3 and now battery is dead!

7V is unrecoverable likely. You need a new battery. I doubt anything you did caused this dead battery issue. 7V is LOW LOW LOW. You've got a dead cell or two in the battery.

Ok yeah it was at 7.3 when I went to bed. Got up this morning and it's back to 8.5!? So I jumped it and drove the truck to work, voltage held steady at 14.4 as long as I kept the rpms at 1500 or greater. At idle it never dropped below 13 once. My fear is buying a new battery on credit and it draining as well. Really can't afford to kill another battery.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

How old is the battery? I would check the water level in it then put it on charge overnight. Then let it sit for a day disconnected. Then measure voltage. It should stay over 12v at rest. Double check your connections from the battery to the alt.

I appreciate the advice, need to purchase a charger. This is a lead cell battery as well, not agm. And the battery is old. It expired 3 years ago, which is y it didn't surprise me that it died. What doesn't make sense to me is the timing. I checked the alt run again, everything is tight, and the run in total is only about 14" including the fuse holder/fuse. Fuse is still good as well (250a)

Battery is done dude. Get another one. You won't have to worry about the new battery because it will have a free replacement warranty. So even if you managed to kill it when you got home, which you won't, they'll swap it for free. Even the Wal-Mart batteries they do this with. Then it's pro rated after that for another period of time so if you have to replace it in 3 years, they'll only make you pay partial replacement cost.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok that's what I thought. Do u have any sort of idea why the battery discharged when the only thing that had changed to that point was an upgraded power run from batt to alt? It's just weird to me that the battery would suddenly die from upgrading a run.

Your putting a draw on the battery, something is syphoning the battery dead, it could be that the amp is not turning off from a stray wire into the remote wire hole or something else is drawing power, but you need to trace that down regardless of a new battery or not.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Your putting a draw on the battery, something is syphoning the battery dead, it could be that the amp is not turning off from a stray wire into the remote wire hole or something else is drawing power, but you need to trace that down regardless of a new battery or not.

Agreed. However right now the amp isn't installed. The run to the back isn't fused. It's dead wire. So the ONLY things that have changed is an upgraded big 3 in 1/0, and new rcas /remote turn on wire and volt meter . Volt meter has been ruled out as the cause because it doesn't draw enough power to do this to the battery, meter was on all night the other day with the car off and voltage never dipped below 12.2 I believe. so it has to be losing voltage through either my upgraded power wire to the alt, which I have checked, or somehow with my new turn on wire for the amp (again the amp isn't even installed so there's no power to be drawn there. I just don't know where to start.

As clean said, a new battery will be warrantied, but if my new battery is just going to drain again anyways I need to find a solution to his issue.

Archived