New Sony receiver

shogen

I've had plenty of pioneer head units over the years and never had a Pico fuse issue or ground loop noise,

Doubt I'm the only one.

If you don't hot swap rca's you'll never have a problem.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ok

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Interesting bit on the optical. Basically if you use optical out, you cannot use the volume on the receiver itself. You must use the components volume. In which case, if you use a processor, via optical toslink, then you have to use the processor's remote control. But if it puts out as high a quality sound as it's portraying, I guess you wouldn't need a processor, or if you did, the analog signal out of the Sony should be great enough that it won't matter? Not sure.

To me that feature alone, not being able to use the volume when using optical, takes a hit in worth. Right now, I can get a great DAC to run my tablet through and get a volume knob for less than $100.

Seems like it has a ton of features, but I'm not seeing anything like a screen or any set up on the computer or anything like that. So I'm guessing you'd have to use the menus on the little screen. That would piss me off.

Here's the manual if anyone wants to read up on it. Set up starts on page 16 or 17.

It certainly looks nice, and I'm sure will get alot of people excited, until they see the price tag that is.

Archived